His Zee

I was at the doorway ready to run to them, when Kiko looked at me, and subtly shook his head. I understand what he meant. Ang sakit lang makitang nasasaktan silang lahat.

Sorry na...
I thought this would make things much easier for all of us....

———-

"I spoke with Pat kanina. Carla is considering to stay here for a couple of months, before she decides where they'll go next", I heard Budoy said while holding his hand which I know is starting to swell. "Sinong niloko nya? E isang tanga't kalahati rin yun. Konting sorry mo lang, tatanggapin ka nun agad... Ang tanga mo, Tsong! G*go ka talaga!"

I saw Aya looked at my direction, and she was smiling sadly at me, the same smile she gave me that night I learned about Yael. Same smile, and the same sad eyes she would wear every night I'd call her when I'd be reminded na wala na kami ni Billy.

"Pat and Kitana would be flying back to the US next week. Sa akin muna yung mag-Mama"

"You know I won't allow that, Pare. Zee and Carla will stay with me"

"Tang*na talaga, Billy! Hindi makaintindi. Paano yung isang pamilya mo?"

I was surprised when I heard that.
Well, I guess, there goes that sliver of hope that I have.
That tiny bit of chance na baka sakaling meron pang kami...
Na pwede pang ilaban...
I guess it's just not me who knew about his other secret life. 
But come to think of it, we are actually the secret life.
Sa sobrang sikreto, kahit sya walang alam na my daughter and I exist.

By the way, heto pala yung sobrang tangang version.
I'm quite sure, bukas pag gising, wala na sya.
Sana wala na sya...

"Hindi naging ka..."

"So what kung ilang beses mong sabihin na walang kayo? Her kid calls you Dad and you're in every occasion and every achievement nung bata. You even had family dinners with Bea's parents. Oh... yeah, you also sleep there once in a while especially when Ms Bea called and said "nami-miss ka ng anak mo". Tang*na!"

"I will fix this"

"How?"

"Bea knows"

"But do people know? Don't be selfish for once, Billy"

"Carla is mine!"

"G*go talaga"

And when I saw Budoy is about to go back and have that second round, I stepped out from where I was hiding, looked at them and said," Hindi pa kayo tapos? Gusto ko sanang maki-kwento kaso mukhang matatagalan pa kayo"

They both looked at me, surprised.
They probably didn't think na I could hear all those words that they said...
Hindi naman masyadong masakit.
Konti lang.

"Para kayong babaeng mag-tsimisan.", I said looking at them. "I'm not going to stay with you, Budoy. And definitely not with you, Billy. We still have the house in QC. Hindi naman kami pulubi ng anak ko". Then I pulled one of the chairs around the table, which I noticed Kiko and Aya have vacated. I returned my gaze to them, and found Billy still on the ground, while Chop chop is between Budoy and Billy. I sat down, took a bottle of beer and placed one of my foot on the chair. I looked at Budoy and said, "I'm not stupid. Siguro dati, oo. May anak na ako ngayon, Tsong. Hindi na ako pwedeng tanga", then I looked at Billy whose eyes were not leaving mine. "And I'm no longer yours. Matagal na"

When they both didn't say a thing, I took a deep breath, took another gulp of beer, stood up then said, "Hindi kayo masayang ka-bonding. Favour naman o. Let's not have this tonight. This is Aya and Kiko's Day. Let's give them this day. Hindi ko naman kayo tatakbuhan"