Ch 7

Before I could fully register anything, I was pushed out the front door and onto the busy street. Tons of demons were running around, getting last-minute preparations, yet the streets were completely silent.
I walk relatively quickly, trying to get to the V's shared penthouse as quickly as possible, running through my mental to-do list. I sighed defeatedly. I'd have to pay the babysitter extra. I figured Sammie would be safer with someone who's experienced the extermination before and knows how to keep themselves safe.
I cross the street quickly, paying no attention to the crimson streets around me. A buzz came from my pocket as I hurried down the sidewalk.

Babysitter: You need to come get Sammie, I can't watch a kid during the killing.

I narrowed my eyes at the message, the glint clock tower reading forty-five minutes.

Lina: What! Why tell me right now and not earlier when I dropped him off?

Three dots appeared, and a feeling of panic started to settle in my gut as i waited, but I pushed to down. Moving my fingers speedily, I switched over to Vox's contact.

Lina: Vox
      Hun
      VOX

Voxy❤️: Babe? Is everything alright? I'm sorta at work rn.

Lina: Look, I'm going to be a bit late. I have to go get something. It's urgent. I promise I'll explain everything at the penthouse. 😘

Voxy❤️: Do you need help?

I smiled at the message, I could tell he was worried. Truth be told, I had always thought about introducing Vox to Sammie, but I had never been sure how to bring it up. Just be like,'Hey! I know we're not even dating, but do you wanna meet my adopted imp son?' I shook my head.
I turned my course, doing a complete 180. Running down the street. Time was continuing to count down. I checked the babysitters contact.

Babysitter: I forgot, just hurry up. I can't watch a fricken kid.

Lina: I'm coming. Please wait a little longer.

Taking a deep breath, i checked the street, im close. I'm switching back to Vox's chat.

Lina: No hun, I'll see you soon!

Voxy❤️: Wait! About that... you can't come today. I'm so sorry. Something really important came up. Please try and stay safe.

Lina: Damn it,  Vox! Look, I gotta run, literally.

   I shoved my phone deep into my pockets. Texting Vox had taken longer than expected. Suddenly, the red skies glowed with heavenly light as the red clouds parted and golden rays beamed down.
"Great!" Exorcist flooded the skies, attacking anyone on their sight. Using my powers, I draw any of the remaining shadows. Placing them on my body, the magic acting as an invisible cloak.
   I take off running down the street, my feet pounding on the concrete underneath me. Blood and carnage cover the streets and buildings as countless screams could be heard. All I can think of is Sammie. He could be alone right now. He could be freaking out. Even though he was young, his trauma could still affect him. If he WAS all alone right now, I would never forgive myself.

I passed countless shady buildings, bars, casinos, and drug houses. Terrified viewers stared out the windows, watching the carnage.
Down in hell, the Exorcist's had two rules, NEVER kill a hell born, and inside buildings were off limits. I slowed my pace. I needed a  breather. I was only a quarter of the way there. 
"Get away from me, you haloed freak!" I looked over, stopping in my tracks in front of a wrecked alley way.
A short woman with a blonde bob and a dark pink flapper dress remarked sassily. She was holding a circular trash can lid. It was almost as big as she was. She held it against her chest in an attempt to protect herself from the Exorcist that was slowly leaning in.
   A sadistic smile was plastered on its mask as it slowly raised its spear, the angelic steel glinting menacingly.
"G-get away..... please." The woman's classy voice dropping to a whisper as she pleaded. A burning filled my chest, and my rage threatened to take over.
"Awwhh, is the wittle demon scum begging for its life." The Exorcist mocked in a tone of fake pitty. That was all it took

3rd person pov
As the angel hovered over the helpless woman menacingly, Celine's final bit of self-restraint broke.
She pulled the shadows off her body, exposing herself to the dangerous world around her.
In contrast to Hell, a heavenly glow came from her right plam, its radiance catching the attention of the two.
Celine's eyes glowed golden, making her look possessed. The blonde gasped, her jaw dropping in awe. The angel, however, was not amused, a scowl crossing its features.
A pristine white, double-ended sythe manifested in her hand. The sythe reflected the chaos around her, a nearby fire adding a red glow onto the weapon and its holder. Celine gripped the giant weapon in both hands.
"Aw look, the little whore has someone willing to stand up for her. Well, I'm up for a fight. whether or not it'll be an easy one."
Celine chuckled darkly at the Exorcist's smug words.