Ch 8

^^ means thoughts
____________________________

      Lunging at the angel, you raised your sythe, your wings unfurling and spreading out to their max length. The lightning like scars pit on full display. Twirling the weapon skillfully in both hands, you managed to block a jab from the angelic spear.
"You really think you can fight me and win?" The Exorcist said, baring its teeth and grinning wickedly.
"Yes, yes, I do." A glowing white light shrouded you as you hovered in the air. You positioned your body in front of the small lady. "You picked on this defenseless woman, and the sick thing is you freaks enjoy this."
The angel looked into your golden eyes and snorted, attempting to plunge the spear into you.
"Innocent? You demon scum are down here for a reason. You deserved it."
The air was thick with tension, the flashes of holy metal against each other as your weapons clashed together.
While the two of you fought, the small blondie moved away to hide herself. Her gaze never left you, though.
Your skills matched theirs. For every attack, there was a matching offense move, either dodging it or fending it off. The angel grunted in frustration.
"They're better people to target than the seemingly innocent. Like, you know, the sinners who are ACTUALLY vile." You grit out, the sharp edge of your sythe barely scrapping the Exorcist's arm.
Golden blood trickled down, and the angry angel lets out a cry of pain. Your fighting had attracted the attention of the surrounding Exorcists.

First person pov, Celine

Shit, the tides were quickly turning, and we all knew it. The original angel I had been fighting smiled gleefully at its teammates as they slowly closed in, forming a circle around me. Their masks all held the same expression.
^Think Celine think^ I flew up and almost immediately regretted it. Hundreds of demons wee being killed per second. ^The least i can do is try and protect this one.^
My wings flapped vigorously, trying to keep me steady. The truth was, I hadn't flown like this since before I fell. The burns from the chains had taken a few weeks to heal. Gripping the sythe tightly against me, I dive bombed. Using a little bit of light manipulation to dull the sharp edges  to make it blunt. My goal wasn't to kill.

Alastors pov
Hell was an absolute mess, Exorcist's stuck down demons all around me. The streets filled with chaos. I grinned at the sight as I observed it, my shadow beside me chuckling darkly.
The only thing keeping the monsters off me was my ability to walk and blend in among the shadows. To them, I was practically invisible. Voodoo was a very helpful tool, and I would be an utter fool not to take advantage of it.
It was amusing to watch as some of the demons tried to defend themselves, but one demoness caught my attention in particular. I stumbled upon her by chance while I was walking past an ally and decided to stay and watch.
The woman had white hair with darker streaks thrown in randomly, like someone had done a crap job of dying it (Luci would be offended.     ( ̄ヘ ̄メ) poor Luci lol) her hair was disheveled around her by the powerful aura that surrounded her. Her pale gray skin and pure golden eyes radiated a faint glow around her. I had hardly seen another demon demonstrate such a pretty display of power.
The woman was surrounded by angry angels, yet she looked completely calm, if anything, a little bored. I chuckled as I watched her as a determined smile crept onto her face.
In her hand, a giant sythe that seemed to be made of light and shadows on top of that it was doubled with blades on both ends.   An interesting choice for a weapon.
In a matter of seconds, two large wings sprouted from her back, and she lifted herself into the air, twirling the weapon in her palms dangerously. She flew above the swarm with a smirk on her lips.
I smiled, and my shadow fidgeting excitedly next to me. I had to admit this was rather entertaining. It's not every day you see a demon gather the guts to finally  fight back. I chuckled as she whacked a charging Exorcist in the back with the seemingly dull side of the sythe.
"She doesn't want to kill them." My shadow stated plainly. Ita smile matched my own, amused and curious.
"So I've noticed." I murmured, watching as the woman weaved the sythe gracefully. It was much bigger than her, and the fact that she could expertly use it and even alter it meaned she had some sort of training.
One by one, the angry angels attempted to strike her, some desperate enough to throw their weapons only for them to be knocked aside lazily. Every now and then, the woman would look over to the corner of the alley checking on something that I couldn't see, no doubt.
Two of the remaining Exorcist's looked at each other knowingly as their fellow combatant foolishly threw themselves into the woman's path. The two nodded in a silent agreement, and a feeling of unease settled in my gut.
"I have a bad feeling about this Alastor,"  my shadow said. The smile on my face thinned slightly. 
"Relax, I'm sure she can handle herself," we continued to watch her zip around, her graceful features slowly twisting into a frustrated expression.
"I don't have time for this shit!"
^ hmmmmm, interesting..... she has places to be ^ A cry of pain draws me out of my thoughts, and I look up quick enough to see the womans eyes widening in pain, the sythe quickly dissipating  as she falls back to the ground, landing with a heavy thud. I gasp and flinch back.
A long angelic spear sticks out of her side, and the metallic smell of blood taints the air. Struggling to get up, she tucks her wings in and pushes herself back against the wall, the gold leaving her eyes, leaving the iridescent red.
The Exorcist's rejoice and one steps up to finish the woman off. Getting stopped by a familiar friend of mine.
"No!" Mimzy cries out, running in front of the other demoness, her arms spread out in a protectivemanner. The woman grips onto the spear handle with two pale gray hands and pulls it out, throwing it across the alley. Instantly covering the spot. No blood comes out even though the air smells heavily of it. Strange.
"You think you can protect her? She's the one who failed to save you." An angel sneers, stepping forward.
Mimzy scoffs, flipping her short blonde hair sassily. "Well, to be fair, it took a TON of you to be able bring this baddie down, look around, over half of you are injured. You're lucky she didn't want to kill ya." She says, placing both hands on her hips.
Wait, did she say protecting? ^ She.... was protecting Mimzy? ^ I was certain Mimzy and this woman weren't friends. In fact, I had never even seen her before.
The haughty angel did not take kindly to Mimzy, stating the facts, a low growl erupting from its throat.
"Why you little....." I was in front of the two in an instant, sending black tendrils to wrap around the upcoming angel, who cried out in surprise.
The tension in the air was thick, the other angels shirking back. Some in shock, others in fear. I chuckled darkly at their trembling forms. A dark green light emanating off of me.