ANASTASIA LEARNS THE TRUTH.

Anastasia paced back and forth, her thoughts racing. "Now's my chance," she muttered. "Lily's gone, and her cupboard's just waiting to be emptied." Her eyes gleamed with a mix of anger and envy. "Father's favorite, huh? We'll see about that."

She crept into Lily's room, the air thick with the scent of lavender and privilege. Her hands trembled as she rifled through the drawers, scattering silk scarves and glittering trinkets. Then, hidden beneath a pile of velvet, her fingers brushed against something cold and metallic-a pendant, ornate and mysterious.

"Gotcha," she whispered, her heart pounding. But as her fingers closed around the pendant, a voice cut through the silence.

"Don't you dare touch that!" Lily's voice was sharp, her hand snapping the pendant away from Anastasia's grasp. The room seemed to hold its breath, the tension between the sisters palpable.

"Give it back, Lily! It's not just yours!" Anastasia's voice cracked, her jealousy now mixed with desperation.

Lily's eyes softened for a moment, but she held the pendant close. "It's not about the things, Ana. It's about trust. And you just broke it."

Anastasia's gaze hardened as she watched Lily clutch the pendant. "Trust? How can I trust you when everything's handed to you on a silver platter?" she spat out, her voice laced with bitterness.

Lily sighed, the weight of her sister's words heavy in the air. "It's not like that, Ana. I wish you could see-"

"See what? That you're the golden child?" Anastasia cut her off, her anger boiling over. "You think you're so perfect, but you're not!"

Lily's expression softened, and she reached out, but Anastasia recoiled. "No, don't. I don't need your pity," she said, her voice breaking.

The room fell silent, the rift between them growing wider.

"The pendant," Anastasia sneered. "Father doesn't know about it, does he? How do you think he'd react if he found out his perfect little Lily had secrets?"

"You wouldn't dare," Lily stammered, clutching the pendant even tighter.

"Oh, but I would," Anastasia retorted. "Unless you want to make a trade-your precious pendant for my silence."

Lily's resolve wavered, and in that moment of hesitation, Anastasia lunged forward, her fingers wrapping around the pendant. "You're pathetic!" she spat out as she yanked it from Lily's grasp.

Lily stumbled back, her eyes wide with shock. "Ana, please," she pleaded. "It's not what you think."

But Anastasia was deaf to her pleas.

The tension between Lily and Anastasia erupted into a fierce struggle. Anastasia, with the pendant in her grasp, tried to dash away, but Lily lunged after her, desperation in her eyes.

"Give it back!" Lily cried out, her hands grappling for the pendant.

Anastasia shoved her away. "It's mine now!" she declared, her voice rising.

They tumbled to the ground, a whirlwind of flailing limbs and tangled hair. The pendant swung wildly between them, glinting in the dim light as each sister fought to claim it.

"You don't even understand what it means!" Lily gasped, managing to snatch the chain.

Anastasia's response was a growl as she wrestled the pendant back. "I don't care! It's just another thing you don't deserve!"

Their struggle continued, neither willing to relent, the pendant's fate hanging in the balance.

The clamor of the sisters' quarrel drew the attention of Mrs. Wu, their mother, who burst into the room with a stern frown. "What is this ruckus?" she demanded, her voice cutting through the chaos.

Anastasia and Lily froze, their fight momentarily forgotten. "She took my pendant!" Lily exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at Anastasia.

Mrs. Wu's gaze shifted to Anastasia, her expression softening. "Ana, what's this about?" she asked, her tone gentle yet firm.

Anastasia's eyes met her mother's, finding an unexpected ally. "I... I just wanted something that was mine," she confessed, her voice small.

Mrs. Wu turned to Lily, her words sharp. "Lily, you have enough as it is. Can't you share with your sister for once?"

"But, Mom, it's not about the things," Lily protested, her voice tinged with hurt.

"Enough," Mrs. Wu snapped, silencing Lily with a look. "Anastasia, you keep the pendant. Lily, I expect better from you."

Anastasia wons.

..............................

Joana nervously dialed Mr. Wu's number, rehearsing her invitation in her mind. The phone rang twice before a warm voice answered.

"Hello, Mr. Wu speaking."

"Hi, Mr. Wu, it's Joana, Lily's friend," she began, her voice a mix of excitement and shyness. "We're planning a surprise birthday party for Lily and we wanted to invite you."

"That's very thoughtful of you, Joana," Mr. Wu replied, his voice reflecting a smile. "But how about we do something even more special?"

Joana was intrigued. "What do you have in mind?"

"Why don't you all come over and celebrate at our house? We have plenty of space, and I can set up the garden for the party," Mr. Wu suggested.

Joana's eyes lit up at the idea. "That would be amazing, Mr. Wu! Lily would love that!"

"Great! Consider it settled then. I'll take care of the arrangements. Just bring yourselves and be ready to celebrate," Mr. Wu said warmly.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Wu. This is going to be the best birthday ever for Lily!" Joana exclaimed, feeling a wave of relief and happiness wash over her.

As she hung up, Joana couldn't wait to share the news with the rest of the friends. Lily's birthday was going to be unforgettable.

I'm sure she will be! With all the care and effort going into the planning, it's bound to be a birthday celebration that Lily will remember fondly. said Joana, an excitement in her tone.