4

Every day felt the same to Mirana, she'd wake up, go to work, negotiate with criminals and patrol the streets of LA before coming home to her son and her fiancee whom she'd barely speak to

Every day felt the same to Mirana, she'd wake up, go to work, negotiate with criminals and patrol the streets of LA before coming home to her son and her fiancee whom she'd barely speak to. Her life had become cyclical and she wanted to break that cycle before she went insane.

A knock on the door causes Mirana to frown, glancing at her new phone. Tim left to take Isaac for a walk with Kojo five minutes ago so she knew it wasn't him. Mirana gets off the couch, grabbing her wine glass before walking to the door and opening it to reveal Lucy.

"Hey," Mirana smiles weakly at Lucy. "I haven't seen you for ages"

"Yeah, that was your choice," Lucy snaps and Mirana's eyebrows raise as she places her glass down.

"Pray tell," Mirana says, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You pulled away!" Lucy shouts. "Our best friend died and you pulled away! You don't speak to anyone at work unless you need to! You're a ghost!"

"I didn't pull away," Mirana's tone is defensive. "I have a son Lucy! A child who reminds me of why we do our jobs. Why Jackson died! Why my baby died! I'm sorry that my life can't revolve around you anymore! You pulled away too, telling everyone you'd done all the necessary steps to process your grief so you were fine. I can't lie and say I'm fine Lucy because I go to work and mi duele el corazon! It's like a white-hot knife is wedged in my chest knowing that Jackson won't be there to greet us with a smile or some silly joke! Knowing that I wasn't strong enough to keep my baby alive!"

"You aren't the only one who lost Jackson!"

"I never said I was!" Mirana snaps. "I have to go home to my son who keeps asking for his Uncle J. Every day he asks for Jackson and it hurts that he can't understand that Jackson is dead!"

"Do not use Isaac as an excuse!"

"I'm not," Mirana shakes her head, crossing her arms over her chest. "But I have things that take priority, Lucy"

"So, you start a family and I'm out in the cold?"

"You're not out in the cold," Mirana snaps. "You have never been out in the cold! You closed the door, not me!"

"No, you did that!" Lucy snaps. "You shut down and I don't matter anymore. I take Tamara under my wing and she comes to you with her problems!"

"Because I can understand to a degree what Tamara has been through," Mirana retorts. "I'm not going to sit and give her coping mechanisms, I'm just going to listen to what she has to say!"

"Hey, what's going on?" Tim asks as he walks in the front door with Kojo and the stroller.

"Nada," Mirana shakes her head. "We're done here"

"Avoiding your problems again!" Lucy exclaims. "You won't face this head-on!"

"No," Mirana shakes her head. "You won't face your problems head-on. Why hasn't Tamara been able to pick a paint for her room yet?"