7

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ryan asks and Mirana nods

"No time like the present right?" Mirana replies. "Are you sure you want to come with me?"

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't,"

Mirana climbs out of the car and Ryan does the same, slamming the door shut as she stares at the house in front of her. Sally is smiling at her from the porch as she approaches.

"Hey," Sally wraps her arms around Mirana who loosely returns the embrace. "She's really excited to meet you"

Mirana smiles weakly, anxiety thrumming through her veins as she toys with her keys.

"Sally, this is Ryan Lawrence. Ryan, this is Sally Rhodes,"

As Sally leads Mirana and Ryan into the house, the air is thick with anticipation. Mirana's heart pounds in her chest as she mentally prepares herself for the meeting with Elina, her thoughts swirling with a mixture of nervousness and hope. Inside, the atmosphere is warm and inviting, but Mirana can't shake the feeling of apprehension.

She glances around the living room, noticing the photos adorning the walls—a happy little girl captured in moments of joy and laughter.

"Sally, I'm home!" a voice calls from another room, and Mirana's breath catches in her throat causing Ryan to place a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Sally smiles reassuringly at Mirana before calling back, "We have guests, sweetheart! Come say hello."

Seconds later, a young girl enters the room, her eyes widening with curiosity as they meet Mirana's before glancing at Ryan and then looking at Mirana again.

There's a flicker of recognition in Elina's gaze, and Mirana can sense the weight of their shared history hanging between them.

"Hi, I'm Mirana," she says softly, offering a tentative smile. "This is Ryan"

"Hi," Elina responds, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "It's nice to finally meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too, Elina," Mirana says, her voice filled with emotion. "I've heard so much about you."

Elina nods, a hint of curiosity flickering in her eyes as she studies Mirana. "Sally says you're my birth mom."

Mirana's heart skips a beat at the mention of her role in Elina's life. "Si, that's right," she confirms, her voice barely above a whisper. "I... I'm your birth mom."

Elina's gaze softens, a hint of understanding dawning in her eyes. "I always wondered about you," she admits, her tone gentle. "Sally told me you made a difficult decision, but that you loved me very much."

Feeling a surge of emotion, Mirana reaches out to gently brush a stray lock of hair from Elina's face. "I've thought about you every day," she confesses, her voice trembling with sincerity. "And even though I couldn't be there for you, please know that siempre estuviste en mi corazon."