14

"So who's being blessed with the title of go-fer?" Mirana asks Tim as they walk towards the briefing room

"Inevitably it's going to be you, you're the only person who can annoy me and I'll still keep my cool," Tim grins down at her. "But I'm thinking Webb for now"

"Webb?" Mirana asks, scrunching up her nose slightly.

"What?"

"I suppose the more go-fers you go through make me look like your last resort," Mirana says. "So Sergeant Bradford can't be accused of favouritism"

"Everyone already knows you're my favourite," Tim winks at her and Mirana grins. "I'll keep Webb for a few days, then who shall I pick? Anyone of your picking from the station"

"Smitty," Mirana says with a giggle as Tim groans, dropping his head back to stare at the ceiling.

"Do you even love me?" Tim murmurs in her ear.

"You know I do," Mirana says. "No one would blame you for picking your sexy fiancee after spending extended one-on-one time with Smitty. Don't worry, I'll be the best go-fer you've ever had,"

"When you're right, you're right," Tim nods, pinching Mirana's hip as they enter the briefing room.

Mirana joins Aaron at the front table and the man grins at her, sliding her a large Starbucks cup.

"Caramel latte, oat milk with whipped cream," Aaron says.

Mirana accepts the cup with a grateful smile, taking a long sip before setting it down on the table. "You're an angel, Aaron,"

"I thought you might need it after the amount you drank last night," Aaron replies with a chuckle, adjusting his seat. "And last Saturday, you drink like a fish"

"That was nothing," Mirana says. "When I used to go out with An-"

Mirana trails off, biting her lip as she furrows her brows. She had forbidden Tim from giving her new number to Angela because deep down she couldn't shake the resentment she felt for the woman.

"You okay?" Aaron asks.

"Yeah, my mind wandered," Mirana smiles at him, shaking her head.

"So, all right, settle down, everyone," Grey says. "Sergeant Bradford, you want to start us off?"

"Yes. Um... I'm in need of a go-fer," Tim says and Mirana sips on her coffee. "Now, it won't be glamorous, but it'll be a learning experience. Webb, how about it? You ready to get off patrol?"

"Yes, sir. Looking forward to it,"

"Why didn't he pick you?" Aaron whispers to Mirana.

"He will," Mirana grins as she whispers back. "His next go-fer is Smitty"

"How do you know?"

"He let me pick who it was," Mirana shrugs.

"You're mean," Aaron chuckles and Mirana grins.