8

Mirana knocks on the door, anxiety bubbling in her chest as she hears footsteps approach the door

Mirana knocks on the door, anxiety bubbling in her chest as she hears footsteps approach the door. She wrings her hands as the door opens to reveal Tim.

"Why'd you knock?" Tim asks. "You have a key"

"Well, we're not exactly at a let myself in place and this is your house in the eyes of the law," Mirana shrugs and Tim steps to the side.

"Isaac's asleep," Tim informs her and she nods.

Mirana walks into the house and Kojo charges at her making her giggle as she pets the dog's head. Kojo wags his tail, keeping himself stuck to Mirana's side as she sits on one of the kitchen stools.

Tim watches her cautiously, his expression guarded yet curious. "So, what now?" he asks, breaking the silence that hangs between them.

Mirana takes a deep breath, steeling herself for the conversation ahead. "I think we need to talk," she says, her voice steady despite the nervous flutter in her stomach. "About everything."

Tim nods, his eyes searching Mirana's face for any hint of what's to come. "Yeah, I think you're right," he agrees, his voice tinged with uncertainty. "There's a lot we need to sort out."

Mirana nods in agreement, her heart pounding in her chest as she prepares to lay everything bare.

"Se que te dolor, Tim," she begins, her voice trembling slightly. "I should have been honest with you from the start. I should have told you about my past, about Elina, about everything. I was scared, I didn't want to lose you, and I thought you knowing who I was would make you leave. Fue demasiado"

"I was angry, Mirana," he admits, his voice raw with emotion. "I felt betrayed like I didn't even know who you were anymore. But I realize now that I didn't handle things well. But I shouldn't have taken Isaac away from you, especially after we lost our second child. That was unfair, and I'm sorry."

"I know you were hurt, Tim," she says softly. "And I understand why you reacted the way you did."

"We're not back to how we were," Tim says, holding his hand out to reveal Mirana's engagement ring. "But when I saw this I thought we were done. I know I scared you when I shouted-"

"I don't like loud shouts, especially from men," she admits, her voice barely above a whisper. "My father, Henry, Caleb, James. It's just-"

"You don't have to explain," Tim says.

"I don't want to give up on us, Tim. I love you, and I want to fight for our relationship."

Tim's eyes soften as he listens to her words. "I love you too, Mirana," he says, his voice filled with sincerity. "And I'm willing to fight for us too. But we need to work through this together, with honesty and communication."

Tim takes Mirana's left hand and slides the ring on her finger before pressing a kiss to the back of her hand.

"I met Elina yesterday," Mirana admits and Tim sits on the stool next to her. "Ryan came with us"