chapter 3

Henry POV

Yesterday was St. Lucia and something unbelievable happend. A video of Simon and Wilhem making out got leaked and it was now all over the internet. Henry couldn't believe that he was right about them. He kinda knew it from the beginning. But that was also what surprised him the most. He had never had anything to do with LGBTQ+ and he also didn't know anyone who was a part of this community. At least before he knew about Wilhelm and Simon. And that he thought they were straight before made him think about that topic even more.
So many people he had expected to be straight could be secretly gay, bi or any other part of the LGBTQ+ community.

Everyone was talking about the video of Wilhelm and Simon this morning. It would actually be the perfect gossip time for Henry and Walter but he thought it was kinda disrespectful to Wilhelm because he was his friend and it was probably a hard time for him.
Some people were making fun of them and calling them disgusting. Henry was mad and couldn't understand it. There was nothing wrong with being gay, some people are just not used to it. Henry wasn't used to it himself but he would never call it disgusting or weird when two people with the same gender loved each other. It was just love wasn't it? And in Henry's eyes boys were so...fine. So how could someone say it's weird when two boys love each other?
He also loved Walter but that was something different. He loved him as a friend of course. Right?

This morning he was sitting at the table with Walter and some other boys. All of them were talking about the video of Wilhelm and Simon and telling each other their theories about them. So did he and Walter but they didn't say anything bad about them.

Also the 3rd graders were talking about the video but Henry couldn't hear much of what they were saying.
They were probably saying some homophobic things, especially Vincent.
Then someone of his school year said something that sounded a little bit homophobic again.

"What is your problem with them, there is nothing wrong with being gay!" Henry shouted at him and everyone went quiet.
Walter was also just sitting there and looking at him but Henry noticed that he was slightly smiling at him.

Suddenly, Vincent stood infront of him.
"Do you want to tell us something?" He asked with a mean voice.
"No, what do you mean?" Henry replied. He was confused.
"Are you gay too or what?" Vincent said "You can tell us and join Wille and Simon haha!"
"What? No I'm not!" Henry said, stood up and left the room.

"Henry, wait for me!" Walter called after him but Henry didn't care and just walked away from everyone. He was so sick of Vincent. Why couldn't he just shut up and mind his own business?

Walter POV

Walter was a little bit worried about Henry. He was acting weird lately. At first that he started talking about topics like homosexuality and that he walked away from some situations, that was untypical for Henry.

Vincent was an idiot and seeing him treating Henry like that made him so mad. Sometimes Walter wished he could just punch him in his face but violence wasn't right.

Walter went to his room and lay down on his bed. He didn't know what to do or how to help Henry so he just took a moment to think about everything that had happend.
Then his eyes caught the jacket Henry borrowed him for their lake trip in the corner of his room. He should probably give Henry his jacket back and maybe it was also a good start for a conversation. Walter really wanted to help Henry but he also wanted to get some things clear. For example where did Henry's thoughts about others being gay suddenly come from? Maybe there could really be more than friendship between him and Henry.

Walter took Henry's jacket, walked to Henry's room and knocket at the door.
"Henry, it's me!" He said with a quiet voice and Henry opened the door.
"Come in. What are you doing here?" He asked.
"I just wanted to check up on you." Walter replied "And I still have your jacket, I wanted to give it back to you."
"Oh, thanks." Henry said and took his jacket.

Both of them sat down on Henry's bed, leaning their head against the wall. Walter could see that something was definitely wrong because Henry seemed to be very upset but also kinda sad.

"Are you okay?" Walter asked but Henry didn't reply. Instead he leaned his head against Walter's shoulder which was very surprising and Walter didn't really know what to do. He knew that Henry was a physical touch person but usually not like that.
It seemed like Henry didn't want to talk at the moment, he just needed someone's support so Walter put an arm atround him.
They stayed like that for a few minutes, not talking, just living in the moment.
Then he noticed Henry's hand reaching out for his. Was this really happening?
Their fingers touched and Henry took Walter's hand.

His heart was beating faster but he hoped that Henry didn't notice.
Henry's hand was warm and his skin was soft.
The touch of their hands sent small electric shocks through Walter's body. It felt so good being close to Henry, especially because he loved his scent.

"Thank you..." Henry whispered after a while and stroke Walter's hand with his thumb.

Henry POV

Henry was so thankful to have Walter. He always had a shoulder to cry on even though Henry never really opened up to anyone. And Walter knew that but he still always came to him and asked if everything was okay and he was fine with it when Henry didn't talk. All that mattered was that Walter was there for him. Sometimes he felt like all his problems go away when he was with Walter and that felt so good.
So it was now. Vincent's words actually always hurt Henry but he never talked about it to anyone, not even Walter. But just being in Walter's arms for a while felt healing. The happiness in him was bigger than his negative thoughts and his anger.
Somehow Walter could always put a smile on his face, even in his darkest moments. His arms were warm and Henry felt so comfortable.

Was it normal to feel like that when you are close to your best friend?
Best friend...was that even the right word for them?
They were actually much closer than just best friends. But what is more than best friends?

Henry really liked Walter. Not just his lovely character, that he was always there for him, their perfectly matching energy and their trust in each other. No, he also liked Walter's dark hair, his eyes, his warm hands and his scent. Walter smelled so incredibly good.
Maybe the right word for Henry's feelings for Walter wasn't that he likes him. Maybe it was...love.

Henry had never questioned his sexuality until the video of Wilhelm and Simon got leaked. But now it was different. It was probably because he never knew any gay person before so he didn't about this option. He always thought he was straight because all people he found kinda attractive before were girls. But seeing that Wilhelm and Simon are gay brought this topic closer to him and now it all felt more real.
That was the moment Henry realized that the way he felt about Walter was not "just very close best friends", it was a crush. Henry loved Walter. And being in Walter's arms and holding his hand made it even more real. He couldn't deny it anymore.
Henry was so deeply in love with Walter.

Author's Note

Sorry that it took longer this time to get the chapter done but I was very busy.
And this chapter is longer than the other ones so I hope that's a good excuse haha:)

I'm doing my best to get the next chapter done tomorrow or on Tuesday but I can't promise you:(

Well, I hope you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it, let me know what you think about it and if you have any ideas for the story feel free to tell me them as always!

insta: lele.tremblay

~~~
words: 1421