chapter 7

Henry POV

Henry and Walter were both shocked for a moment.
Wilhelm just saw them kissing.

"If you tell anyone about this, I'm gonna-" Henry said but got cut off by Walter who put a hand on his shoulder.
"Please just don't tell anyone." He said.

Wilhelm was quiet for a moment and Henry was really afraid that he might tell others.

"I won't say anything, I promise." Wilhelm said "I know how it feels to be outed as you know..."
"Thank you." Henry said.
He was very relieved that Wilhelm would not say anything, he would probably not be able to handle it if others knew about him and Walter.
"But we have to go back to class now and finish our task, that's why I came to look after you." Wilhelm said.

Henry and Walter followed Wilhelm back to class.
They finished their task and presented their solutions to the rest of the history class.

After school they met in the library again to study.
Henry, Walter, Wilhelm and Alexander. Simon was not there but Henry didn't know why.
They had a lot of homework to do and also an upcoming maths test so they wanted to stay in the library for the rest of the day.

Wilhelm was looking at him and Walter most of the time. Henry could still not believe that he knew about him and Walter now. He was also wondering if you would talk to Simon about it.

"Hey Henry, can you help me with this?" Walter asked and moved a little closer to him.
Again Henry noticed Wilhelm looking at them.
"Henry?" Wakter asked again.
"Oh yeah, sorry how can I help you?" Henry said.

Walter and Henry studied together for an hour but Henry felt very uncomfortable with the fact that Wilhelm was looking at them all the time now that he knew that something was going on between him and Walter and he couldn't sit at table with him for much longer.

"Sorry I think I have to go now." Henry said, packed his things and left.

Walter POV

This was the second time now that Henry walked away from a situation and Walter was so worried about him. He was also wondering why he didn't talk about his problems to him.
But it was probably the best if he would go to Henry's room to check up on him, even though he probably wouldn't talk.

"I'm gonna go too." Walter said and left the library.
"Okay bye, see you tomorrow." Alexander called after him.

Walter knocked on Henry's door but nobody opened him. He knocked again.
"Henry? It's me!" He said.
No answer.

But Henry had to be in there, why didn't he open the door or at least say anything?
Walter tried it again but there was still no answer. After another minute of silence he turned away from Henry's door and wanted to leave.
But then he heard the door handle being pushed down and the door was open.

Henry stood there with red puffy eyes and let Walter in. He was obviously crying before and seeing Henry like that broke Walter's heart. He had never seen him crying before.

"What happend?" Walter asked and closed the door behind him.

It was dark in Henry's room, the curtains were closed and the only thing that brightened up the room was a small lamp on Henry's desk.

Henry didn't say a single word and just sat down at the edge of his bed.
Walter sat down next to him and put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him.
It was quiet for a few more minutes, then Henry whispered something.

"I'm so scared."

Walter could feel Henry shaking. Tears were forming up in his eyes and he let himself fell into Walter's arms.
Walter let nim cry in his arms as long as he needed.
He was still wondering why Henry was crying and what he was scared of but it seemed like Henry needed time and pushing him to say something was the last thing Walter wanted even though he was worried and wanted to help.

After a while, when Henry stopped crying, Walter gave him a kiss on his forehead.

"Do you wanna tell me what's going on?" He asked but Henry still didn't reply.

Walter pulled him closer into his arms and stroked through Henry's soft strawberry-blonde hair.

"Listen, you don't have to tell me what's bothering you but I'm worried and I really want to help."

Henry was shaking again.
"Can you let me go please?" He said with a shaky voice.
"What do you mean?"
"Please just let me go, we have to stop this."
"What are you talking about?" Walter aksed confused.
"What we have. It just...it can't work. We have to stop kissing and whatever else we do."

Walter felt tears forming in his eyes. He couldn't believe what Henry was saying. Did that mean he didn't like him back? But that wouldn't make sense because he was the one who kissed him first and he also said 'I love you' first.

"Why are you saying that?" Walter wanted to know. "Do you really want to give up what we have? Henry, please don't do this to me!...I love-"
Then he got interrupted by Henry.
"Leave me alone!" He shouted, left the room and shut the door behind him.

Author's Note

sorry that it took me so long to publish a new chapter. my 18th birthday was last friday and i also have many upcoming exams so i was very busy.

i can't tell you how long the next chapter is going to take me yet but i want it to be longer than the other ones so it might take me a few days.
but i promise that i'm doing my best to finish it as soon as possible!

don't forget to vote for this chapter if you liked it and follow me if don't follow me already:)

insta: lele.tremblay

~~~
words: 1006