chapter 5

Henry POV

Henry couldn't believe that he was kissing Walter. And that Walter was kissing him back. Did that mean he liked him too? Not just as a best friend?

The kiss felt so good and...right. It felt right. He had never been this close to Walter before but now he knew that this was what was missing in his life. Henry wanted to be with Walter.

Henry slowly broke away from the kiss and leaned his head against Walter's chest. He had his eyes closed and Walter put a hand on his back.

"Thank you Henry..." Walter whispered and pulled him closer.
Henry smiled "For what? You don't have to thank me for anything."
"Yes I do." Walter said "You know...I have liked you for a long time but I didn't know how to tell you or if you feel the same way."
"For how long?" Henry asked looking Walter in the eyes.
"Two years or something like that. Maybe three." He said " So thank you for making the first step. And also thank you for listening to me and being here."

Henry smiled and took Walter's hand again.
"I think I have liked you for a long time too, I just...didn't know what these feelings were. I always knew that I liked you more than as a best friend but...the word 'love' never crossed my mind. That I may could like boys too was never an option to me until I heard about Wilhelm and Simon. That was the first time I really questioned my sexuality and so I found out that I have a crush on you." Henry said "I really...love you Walter..."
"I love you too Henry..." Walter said and gave Henry a kiss on his forehead.

They hugged each other again and stayed like that for a few more minutes.
Henry still couldn't believe that this was all real and he was also a little bit proud of himself that he opened up to Walter. He usually didn't share deep thoughts with others because he was afraid of how people would react.

"Oh, it's almost midnight, I think I should go back to my room." Walter said and stood up, but Henry stopped him. He took his hand and pulled him back to his bed. "No, please don't go!" He said "You can stay over night if you want."
"You want me to sleep here?" Walter said with a smile.
"Well,...yes of course." Henry said and made some space for Walter.

They spent another hour laying next to each other and talking about some gossip that had been going around at Hillerska.

"Can I sleep in your arms?" Walter asked "Are you fine with that?"
Henry's heart was beating faster "Yes...of course! Come here." He said and opened his arms for him.

Henry smiled. They were actually cuddling and it felt so good. Walter's hair smelled amazing and Henry breathed in this scent deeply.

"You smell good..." Henry said and ran his finger's through Walter's hair.
"You too..." He replied with a smile.

Walter fell asleep very quickly in Henry's arms but Henry couldn't sleep. Everything that had happened today was so wonderful and unbelievable. He just came out to his best friend who was also his crush and told him that he loved him. The best of it was that he said that he loved him back and Henry had even kissed Walter. But what did that mean now?
They told each other that they were in love, they kissed and they were now sharing a bed and cuddling. But what exactly were they now?

Did that mean they were boyfriends?

Author's Note

I know this chapter is shorter than the other ones but I wanted this special and important Walty moment to be an extra chapter.

I recently asked you if you want me to write shorter chapters in the future that you don't have to wait so long or if you want me to keep writing longer chapters (1000-1500 words).
Let me know what you want me to write!

Also if you don't want to miss anything, follow me!

And don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter and let me know what you think about it!

insta: lele.tremblay

~~~
words: 718