3-5: Lives Change

Kamari bursts into the hospital room and sees Jimmy, "Mr. Brooks we wanted your best friend and caretaker to be around for this news." The doctor says

"What news?" Jimmy asks

"We ran some tests during your multiple stages of physical therapy...and we came across a new discovery." She says

"That would be?" Jimmy asks

"Your original physical therapy test was a 21.42% your new tests are now a 98.89%." She says

"What does that mean?" Jimmy asks

She smiles, "Your Gonna Walk Again Kid." She says

Jimmy's eyes widen with shock, Kamari's smile grows beyond large, "I'm...Gonna...Walk...Again?" Jimmy asks

She nods, Kamari turns to his friend who begins to cry tears of joy, he turns to Kamari who's also starting to cry.

Kamari walks over and Jimmy embraces him tightly in a hug, Jimmy cries against his friend and Kamari cries as well hugging him.

"I'm gonna walk again...I'm gonna...I'm gonna walk!!!" Jimmy shouts

A few weeks pass and Kamari is seen with the doctor, the doctor scrapes something across jimmy's foot.

Jimmy's foot reacts in kind and the friends scream and the doctor smiles, and soon enough Jimmy is out of his bed and is able to walk/limp to Kamari.

Kamari daps up Jimmy and then the two hug tightly, Later all their friends are gathered at the lunch table.

"Any reason you called all of us Kamari?" Paige asks

"Yeah..." He says banging on the table, "INTRODUCING THE FORMER GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER THIS SIDE OF DEGRASSI, SURVIVOR OF A SCHOOL SHOOTING BUT NOT WITHOUT HIS SCARS, FORRRRRRMER CRIPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE." Everyone's eyes light up at former cripple, "JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYY BRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jimmy walks out with a little limp but still moving freely, everyone screams with happiness and jolt up to hug Jimmy tightly.

"Also...former greatest? Maybe it's time I get my crown back." Jimmy says

Everyone oohs, Kamari smirks, "Run It." He says

The sun beat down on the cracked asphalt of the court, shimmering off the sweat on Kamari's forehead.

He dribbled the ball between his legs, eyes locked on Jimmy, who was bouncing on the balls of his feet, ready to pounce.

"You ready to lose, Kamari?" Jimmy smirked.

Kamari scoffed. "Please, you know I'm gonna school you today."

Manny holds a whistle and nods, The whistle blew and Kamari took off, weaving through Jimmy's defense. He faked a left, then drove right, pulling up for a jump shot. The ball arced through the air and... swish!

"That's just a warm-up, Jimmy," Kamari said, grinning.

The game went back and forth, a blur of dribbling and sweat. Kamari was playing well, but Jimmy was just a little bit better. He seemed to anticipate Kamari's every move.

With seconds left on the clock, the score was tied. Kamari had the ball. He knew this was his chance.

He took a deep breath and drove to the basket. Jimmy jumped to block him, but Kamari faked a shot and spun around him.

He went up for a layup, but Jimmy swatted the ball away. The buzzer sounded.

"Game!" Spinner yelled, throwing his hands in the air.