𝟎𝟗❤︎︎

DAVID REYES"bro i'm sorry

DAVID REYES
"bro i'm sorry."

HARLEM NEW YORK
REYES RESIDENCE
6:59PM

DD was laying in his bed just having a hard time with everything. him and lori broke up..again, and him and aniyah weren't on speaking terms now.

dd never thought him and aniyah not talking would affect him this much. and he would've atleast had a distraction if him and lori was still together, but he was lonely.

he needed his bestfriend, and he was truly sorry about everything he put aniyah through.

and to make matters worse, every since that day aniyah hadn't been coming to school. it's been a week and dd was worried.

dd had called aniyah over 5 times, and she still wasn't answering.

dd lifted his head up as he grabbed his phone.

he stared at the contact that was already displayed onto the screen before clicking the call button.

dd waited for the phone to ring before he was quickly cut off with the sound of the voice message.

dd couldn't wait. he needed to go see aniyah, this was killing him how he didn't know if she was okay or not.

it was getting darker outside, but he knew how to drive and he had a car for a reason.

dd quickly sat up from his bed before going over to his jacket and grabbing his car keys. and he then quickly left the house.

aniyah rolled over on her bed annoyed. she was having a hard time getting past this situation. and honestly dd was getting on her nerves.

she never did anything but support him, it was one thing that he even blamed her for his breakup. but now he was letting lori call her out of her name.

it was too much, and she just needed a break from dd. aniyah didn't mean what she said though, dd would always be her bestfriend no matter what.

but aniyah was quickly cleared out her thoughts when she heard a knock on her front door. she was also alone, so it was unexpected and a bit startling.

aniyah got up from her bed cautiously before going over to the front door. she stood on her tippy-toes before looking out the peephole to see who was at the door.

and she saw dd standing there awkwardly while scratching behind his head. aniyah stood straight before creaking the door open a bit.

dd quickly looked at aniyah with a guilty face as she left the door freaked open. she wasn't gonna let him in if he didn't want anything.

"what dd?" aniyah asked halfway behind the door as dd looked at her with one eyebrow raised. "you gon' open the door or..?" dd asked as he let out a small laugh. but aniyah wasn't laughing.

"what is it?" aniyah asked once again as dd let out a sigh. "can you let me in so i can tell you?" dd asked as aniyah rolled her eyes before opening the door.

she then led them both into the living room where they sat down. "okay what is it?" aniyah asked rubbing her forehead stressed as dd let out a grunt.

"well me and lori br-aht aht, i don't wanna hear that, yall break up everyday." aniyah said rolling her eyes as dd mugged his head back.

"okay well, im sorry for what i did. i love you and we done for real this time." dd said crossing his arms as aniyah gave him a side eye.

"you know like i know that's not true, so what is it dd?" aniyah asked getting slowly irritated as dd just looked at her offended.

"i'm bein serious, believe me niya." dd said as he sat up from the couch. he then stood up before going besides the couch she was on.

dd wrapped one arm around aniyah as he pulled her into a hug. aniyah wasn't hugging dd back so he smacked his lips before pulling away.

"can you hug me back? can you forgive me and tell me we good?" dd asked looking at aniyah as she avoided his gaze.

dd and aniyah both knew they couldn't stay mad at one another. but this was a bigger issue. "dd you let her call me a bitch, and you didn't defend me." aniyah said looking at dd as she backed up slightly.

"that hurt my feelings.." aniyah whispered as dd felt a small pain in his heart. he knew he wronged aniyah for that, and he was truly sorry.

"i know i know and i'm sorry, she won't do it again." dd said as aniyah just sighed before looking at dd who was already staring at her.

the two just sat there looking at eachother before dd slightly licked his lips. and he had been eyeing aniyah's for a good while.

dd came closer to aniyah before he gently grabbed her chin. "dd what are you doing.." aniyah asked softly as dd kept coming closer.

he almost made it to her lips, but aniyah quickly backed up causing dd to look at her confused.

"why you movin?" dd asked confused as aniyah shook her head. "this isn't right." aniyah said avoiding dd's gaze as he let out a sigh.

"but i'm single, im not in a relationship?" dd asked her confused before he sat back. "yeah, and yall get back together everytime, i don't wanna be in the middle of that." aniyah said looking at dd.

"okay..my bad niy." dd said before he stood up from the couch. he then stood back infront of aniyah as he looked down on her.

"i'm finna go back home ight? you coming to school tomorrow?" dd asked as aniyah nodded while examining him. he did look good, she couldn't deny that.

but this was wrong in so many ways. they were supposed to be bestfriends and they almost just kissed.

and dd just got out a relationship. she wasn't gonna be caught in the middle of their crossfire.

"can i get a hug before i go?" dd asked aniyah as she nodded slowly before sitting up and hugging dd.

the hug lingered for a couple of minutes before dd pulled away and headed towards the door before leaving.

aniyah sat there as she watched dd leave the house. she couldn't believe the two almost kissed.

aniyah never saw this day coming, she always thought dd only saw her as a bestfriend and nothing else.

this was definitely a dangerous game aniyah was playing. and she didn't know how it would end.