20

TOM'S POV

It turns out that he was alive all those months. And I blamed myself for his death, that I couldn't visit him in the hospital. The painful thing is that I was at his funeral and thought that my childhood friend really died.

But now he's standing in front of me, and he looks perfectly healthy.

I can't decide where to look, my eyes darting between him and Nora.

I still don't understand what is he doing here. And why is he close to Nora? They must have been doing something before I walked in.

Ryle is watching me with wide eyes, he probably didn't expect to see me here. Another painful thing is that Ryle lied to everyone, even his family. Do his parents know he's alive? Does Sarah know?

"It's hard to believe that he's really gone, Tom." She pulled my jacket off her shoulders and sighed as I sat down next to her and took her hands in mine. "I don't know what I will do without him now. We both experienced so much, we promised not to leave each other, but..."

Her glossy eyes looked at mine, even though I couldn't see her because it was dark, her eyes shined with tears.We both sat down after Ryle's funeral on the bench by his grave. Everyone left a long time ago, but I didn't want to leave Sarah here alone. God knew what she would do to herself, that she had the chance to be alone.

I know how she feels right now, I would feel the same way if something happened to Bill.

"Tom, tell me why I'm so unlucky, why do I always suffer like this, why do I lose the most important people in my life?" She sobbed out, and I pulled her closer, trying to help her at least a little. I placed my chin on the top of her head while she hugged me tightly and cried into my chest.

There was nothing romantic about my moves, I don't feel anything for her. I've known her for so long, she's like a bigger sister to me. The three of us grew up together, and Sara helped me a lot. Now it was the time for me to help her.

"My brother shouldn't have died." She sobbed, while I tried to calm her down, but it was hopeless because my eyes were also filled with tears and it was getting harder to see.

All I could do was whisper low 'I know's' as she squeezed me tighter, scared that I would just disappear.

I wonder if she really knew he was alive. But it can't be. She won't just lie to me like that, I know her. Was she really pretending? No...

I'll have to talk with her later.

"Tom?" I heard Nora's soft voice, but my eyes were still watching surprised Ryle, who also kept his eyes on me. I saw fear in his eyes, probably that now I know he is alive.

Why did he pretend to be dead? And what plan did he have?

Well, clearly if he had one, his plan didn't work. And then again, did Sarah know?

She was so depressed after his death, her parents called me when I was on tour because she had tried to commit suicide for the second time. But was it all a lie and she lied not only to her parents but to me?

"Tom-" I heard Sarah's mom crying loudly over the phone and it broke my heart when I heard her like that. The last time she cried like this was at Ryle's funeral.

"She...she did it again..." She sobbed. I didn't understand what happened, she kept muttering something under her breath with painful crying and I tried everything not to scream at her to tell me what happened.

"Laura, tell me what's wrong?" I was finally able to ask when her crying stopped and then suddenly I heard someone scream. It was clear that the scream was Sarah's.

"He's gone, he's gone!" Sarah yelled and I closed my eyes. After his death it's so hard for everyone. Especially for Sarah.

"Sarah calm down!"

I could still hear her terrible cries and screams.

When I heard my name again, I snapped back to reality and felt like I was going to explode with anger. How could Ryle do this?

"Tom, this is Ryle, a very old friend of mine." Nora said what I least expected. An old friend? How did Nora meet Ryle?

"Ryle, this is Tom, my friend." She 'introduced' us, but when she introduced me as a friend, my face softened and I looked at her. I was a little disappointed that she introduced me as her friend.

I haven't even asked her out, and I already want her to introduce me as her boyfriend. Stupid. But would she actually like for me to be her boyfriend? I would never be a good boyfriend for her, even if I tried.

That thought quickly disappeared when Ryle lowered his eyes to look at Nora. I tried to control myself and clenched my fists by my sides, watching him look at her like that.

"I have to go love, but I really enjoyed today." Ryle smiled at her, and I saw as she flinched a little when he touched her shoulder. What was he talking about?

As Ryle passed me, his shoulder bumped into mine as if on purpose and then he was gone. Leaving me and Nora together.

"Tom-"

"Who is he?" I tried to play Ryle's game, because I know for sure that he doesn't want Nora to know that I know him. I could see it in his eyes.

I still don't understand who Ryle is to Nora. She said he is a very old friend of hers, but it doesn't seem that way.

"Tom...I told you already." She looked at me with a tired look and I looked around the flower shop. Without saying anything else, she went to that small stocking room, which honestly scared me, but I followed her because I wanted to talk to her.

"Tom, please go home. I'll leave soon too." She said without looking at me and it was very strange because she never spoke to me so coldly.

"I want you to talk to me." It seemed like there was so much I wanted to tell her but I didn't know where to start.

I want her to tell me the truth about Ryle, and I also want to talk about our kiss. Although I don't think it meant anything to her.

"And I want to be alone."

Her rough voice surprised me, I've never heard her talk like that to someone. Why is she like this right now?

"I'm not asking you for anything else just to tell me who that guy was." I said softly, trying to be calm.

I don't want her to be mad at me. I was affected by Ryle's fucking presence at Nora's work. I don't want to accidentally snap at her or something.

"He's my friend!" She turned to look at me with a glare. "I already told you." Nora said with a calmer voice again.

I don't believe her, there must have been something between them that she is hiding from me.

"Okay." I gave her a nod. Then I thought of one more thing. Maybe Sarah knows Nora? Because Nora is an 'old' friend of Ryle's.

She sat next to me on the couch and smiled widely. "My little brother got himself a girlfriend." She couldn't hide her smile, and I smiled back at her.

"Really?" I asked. Sarah doesn't speak German, so I have to talk to her in English all the time. Which is fun I guess, for her, not for me. She always starts laughing when I say one word wrong, but the most she laughs at my grammar. And it's not even funny.

"Mhmm." She wiggled her eyebrows. "He said her name to me, but I don't really remember...I think her name starts with N?" She shrugged, but then gasped and grabbed my hands.

"I remember!" She said excitedly and I laughed at her, but then my face fell when she glared at me. "It's Nora...very beautiful name."

It can't be...my Nora...

Wow....

We have a new character, Sarah. What do we think about her? And why did Ryle faked his death?

I'll see you in the next chapter,

Tschüss ✮