21

TOM'S POV

For the first time in three months, I'm finally standing in front of Sarah's house.

I can't yell at her right now, about this whole Ryle thing, because I'm not sure if she really lied to me. As painful as it is, if she did lie to me, I won't forgive her. But if she really knew that Ryle planned his 'death', why Sarah is so hysterical about his so called 'death'?

And the thought of Nora

It's going to be complicated with her, I need to ask Sarah if Nora is actually the Nora, that Ryle dated a few years ago. Nora could really be Ryle's girlfriend...but then what is she doing to me? She has Ryle.

Everything is so complicated that it makes me sick. First, I had a hard time recovering from Ryle's death, but after a few months it turns out that he is even healthier than before. Second, Nora is lying to me.

I will have to go to her flower shop again and have a serious talk with her. I won't let her lie to me like that. And it's actually funny because I really trusted her, even if I didn't knew her for so long like I know Sarah.

It's killing me, that the person I trusted lied to my face. And maybe she felt good doing it.

I wonder how I'm going to tell Bill all of this.

I didn't even have to knock when Sarah opened the door. She was so fucking pale. Her eyes were red from crying and there were dried tears on her cheeks.

Now I don't think she lied to me. She looked really bad like this, and I really hate to see her cry.

"Tom." She said as if she was confused as to why I was here. "You should be on tour, why are you here?" She asked and I smiled softly at her.

"The tour is long over. But I'm here to ask you a few things that are really important." I answered her as she bit her lower lip, and turned to go inside. Is this is her telling me I should go in or get the fuck out?

Either way, I closed the front door and quickly followed her into the living room. She was already sitting on the couch, her hands on her knees while her gaze was on the floor.

I sat down next to her but she moved away from me a little.

"What did you need?" She asked as her eyes never looked at me, and I sighed.

Should I tell her about Ryle? I don't think so. I'm really scared of her reaction, I'm scared she wouldn't take it calmly.

I don't even know where to start from, since, right now I can ask her everything I need to know.

"Remember, you told me that Ryle had a girlfriend a few years ago." I started and that made her look up at me. Her eyes sparkled with a look I couldn't explain.

"Can you tell me more about her? How did she look?" I asked and I saw her face fall. Sarah fixed her gaze on the floor again as she played with her hands nervously.

"She was my best friend when she dated my brother." She swallowed the lump in her throat, and tried to stop the sob that she was holding. "She was really kind to me, and I thought she was the one for my brother." She shook her head and sniffled.

"I was sure about the fact, that they would both get married someday." She told me and a quiet sob left her lips. "But everything changed when my brother hit her one night."

When I heard that Ryle had hit Nora, I felt my blood boil again as I tried to stop myself from standing up and walking out of this house, to find Ryle and give him a good fucking lesson about not to hit woman ever again.

"She packed her things and left to god knows where, but I found a note the day after she left. She wrote about how she had a big fight with Ryle, and how she'll never come back." She paused for a moment and glanced at me. "She lived with my brother for several months when she was sixteen. All her life she wanted to run away from her father, to hide from him." She explained to me.

I remember when Nora told me about her dad, how much she cried just talking about the bad memories. I felt so fucking sorry for her.

"Why did Ryle hide her from me? Did he not trust me with his girlfriend?" I finally dared to ask. This question has been on my mind for a long time now.

She chuckled and sniffled again. "He didn't trust anyone with her. He was so obsessed with her, that he wouldn't even let her leave the house without his permission." She said. "And Nora was afraid to stand up for herself, she was afraid that he was going to yell at her."

"But the night Ryle hit her, something else happened." She looked at me again, as I tried to gather all the information I have now finally received.

"What happened?" I asked, and she licked her lips.

"He really, really lied to her." She said after a moment of silence, and my curiousity was rising even more. How did Ryle lie to Nora?

"How?"

There was a long moment of silence again, and Sarah breathed out a sigh, while wiping her tears away.

"Before really getting to know Nora, Ryle's 'buddies' offered him a bet." She said and I nodded my head for her to go on. "Ryle was very quick to agree to this so called bet. It was an easy 'task' for him to do."

"He had to make Nora fall in love with him within days." She paused. "Then sleep with her and just leave her afterwards." Sarah said lowly this time.

Fucking hell.

How did I not know that?

"Did you know about all that 'bet' when you were friends with Nora?" I asked when she stopped talking, and she was quick to shake her head.

"Tom, you know I'm not like that, never in my life would I have thought that Ryle could be like that. I had no idea about that deal that he made." She shook her head again. Her eyes were full with tears, and I looked away to now fix my gaze on the floor.

I can't believe what I just heard. Nora experienced so much but hid it from me. And Ryle. How could he do that?

"I found out about the bet after she left Ryle's room that night, she looked so broken." She lets out a quiet sob.

"Only if I knew where she is right now." She cried out. "What if she died because her father found her?" I don't think Sarah was talking to me anymore.

"Sarah, calm down. She's not dead." I tried to speak, but the way she looked at me when I said that, made me shut my mouth.

"You know where she is? How the fuck do you know she's alive?" She asked quickly and wiped her tears away again.

I hesitated for a moment, but what am I waiting for? She has a right to know where her best friend is, and that she didn't die.

"I know her." That was the only thing I dared to say.

"How?"

I sighed and rubbed my hands together. "We met a couple of months ago, at a club. Since then I'm friends with her." I answered her question lowly and saw as her lips tugged into a little smile but then she shook her head.

"Is she okay? Does she know that you knew Ryle? Does she know that he died?" When she used 'knew' I wanted to say that he's alive. But I couldn't. I can't break Sarah even more with these news.

"No." I shake my head, and she lets out a sigh.

What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in the next chapter,

Tschüss ✮