004

The room was bathed in the soft glow of Juliet's bedside lamp as she sat at her desk, engrossed in a book, her mind wandering through the pages of fantasy worlds and epic adventures.

The sound of a gentle tap on her window made her jump, and she turned to see Walker's familiar silhouette outlined against the moonlit sky.

Before she could react, he swung open the window and leaped into her room with a playful grin, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Surprise attack!" he exclaimed, launching himself onto her bed and engulfing her in a bear hug.

Juliet laughed, caught off guard by his sudden entrance. "Hey, watch it!" she protested, trying to wriggle free from his grasp.

But Walker paid no heed, his eyes alight with excitement as he surveyed her room.

With a mischievous twinkle in his eye, he reached for the book she had been reading, tossing it playfully onto the ground.

"Who needs books when you've got me?" he teased, his voice filled with playful banter.

Juliet rolled her eyes, unable to suppress a smile at his antics. "What do you want, Walker?" she asked, her voice tinged with amusement.

He shrugged nonchalantly, a boyish grin spreading across his face. "Nothing much, just wanted to see you," he replied, his gaze fixed on her.

Their eyes locked, and the air crackled with tension as they stood there, suspended in a moment of silent understanding.

Without a word, Walker leaned in, his lips meeting hers in a passionate kiss that sent sparks flying.

For a moment, the world fell away, and there was only the two of them, lost in the intensity of their connection.

But their moment of bliss was short-lived, interrupted by a sudden knock on Juliet's bedroom door.

Startled, they pulled apart, their cheeks flushed with embarrassment as Juliet's mother poked her head into the room.

"Quick, hide!" she whispered urgently, her heart pounding in her chest.

Without hesitation, Walker dove under her bed, disappearing from sight as Juliet rushed to answer the door.

Her mother peered into the room, concern etched on her face.

"Is everything alright, dear?" she asked, her voice laced with worry.

Juliet forced a smile, trying to conceal her nerves. "Yes, Mom, everything's fine," she replied, her voice betraying her unease.

" I could have sworn I heard a noise " she said looking around

" I threw my book on the floor I just hated the ending "

Unsatisfied , her mother bid her goodnight and closed the door, leaving Juliet alone once more with her secret guest.

With a sigh of relief, Juliet turned to face Walker, who emerged from his hiding spot with a sheepish grin.

"That was close," he chuckled, brushing a speck of dust from his shirt.

Juliet nodded, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "Sorry about that," she apologized, feeling guilty for dragging him into her little charade.

But Walker waved off her concerns, his eyes warm with understanding. "No worries, it was kind of fun, actually," he admitted, his smile infectious.

As he made to leave through the window, Juliet's heart swelled with gratitude for the boy who had risked getting caught just to spend a few precious moments with her.