031. taylor swift

"Finally, it's so late." patrick yawned, slowly unlocking the door to his house and holding it open for kylie to walk through, both of them being as slow and quiet as possible so they didn't startle the dogs.
as soon as they had both entered the house and closed the door behind them, they could hear distant yelling from leah and travis, who they had asked to look after the dogs whilst they were away. most of the yelling was coming from leah, with travis trying desperately to get his point across to her.
"leah, baby, why do you think that?" they heard him say.
"Because, travis, she's hot and blonde and successful, and she's your age!" leah yelled back.
kylie and patrick exchanged a worried glance, neither of them saying anything.
"You're being ridiculous. It was just me and jason messing around. I swear it didn't mean anything." travis' voice was heard again.
"If it didn't mean anything, then why did he say it? and, why did you react like that!?" leah yelled at him.
"Like what?" he asked
"You blushed!" she shouted
"You know I can't control that. please just calm down, okay? I'm sorry." travis pleaded.
kylie looked over at patrick once again, watching as his expression turned from one of confusion to a look of realisation.
"What do you know?" she asked, keeping her voice in a hushed whisper. "pat, did he fucking cheat on her?"
patrick shook his head slowly.
"no. trav would never. they're fighting over taylor swift." he fought back a laugh as he spoke, only realising just how ridiculous it sounded when he said it out loud.
"taylor swift?" kylie furrowed her eyebrows, tilting her head to the side as she looked up at patrick.
"yeah, trav said she was his celebrity crush in an old interview or something and she just keeps getting all jealous over it." he shrugged.
"that's stupid. I know taylor, she-" kylie stoped mid sentence, her eyes averting to the bottom of the staircase where travis and leah were now standing. "...hey."
"I'll wait in the car." leah huffed, pushing past travis and storming out the door. she slammed it behind her which made the dogs start barking, so patrick went in to the kitchen to see them and calm them down, leaving kylie and travis talking in the hallway.

kylie watched him as he walked away before turning back to travis.
"taylor swift?" she asked, cocking her head to the side.
"yup." travis nodded, sighing. "I don't know what I'm doing wrong."
"you're not doing anything wrong,  trav. she's just emotional at the minute 'cause shes pregnant, im sure she'll get over it." kylie assured him.
"I know, but it's just so...frustrating? I don't know. like I wanna help her but I just can't. she won't let me." he ranted
"I get that, and in the nicest way possible, leahs always been a bit of a jealous person. shes tempermental" she said
"yeah." travis sighed as he ran his hands over the top of his head, wanting to change the subject. "anyway, you know taylor swift?"
"mhm." kylie nodded
"like personally?" he asked, his eyebrows raised in suprise.
"yeah." she clarified
"dude that's so cool. is she really as nice as people say she is?" he quizzed
"she is litteraly the sweetest person alive. i havent spoken to her in a while though." kylie smiled, feeling patrick appear behind her.
"who are you guys talking about?" he asked
"taylor swift" kylie answered.
"oh right, how do you know her?"
"she made a song with my dad when I was younger." just as kylie finished speaking, a car horn honking outside interrupted the conversation.
"right, I guess that's my cue to leave." travis gave a half hearted laugh.
"hm yea, I appreciate you looking after the dogs man." patrick said as he dapped him up, still keeping one of his arms around kylie. "we'll see you at the party?"
"no worries, they're good as gold. and you know ill be at that party." travis smiled and let himself out the door, shutting it behind him.
as soon as the door shut, kylie turned around so she was facing patrick, his hands still loosely resting on her hips.
"is a new years party a good idea when you have a game on the first?" she asked.
as she spoke, she slowly trailed her hands up over his chest and onto his shoulders.
"I wont drink much." patrick shrugged.
"right, and what is much?" kylie joked, giggling as she felt his hands slide lower down her body, eventually stopping at her butt.
"oh shush, you're like my mom." patrick playfully rolled his eyes as he spoke.
"don't say that when you have your hands on my butt." kylie said, causing patrick to burst into laughter, resting his forehead on her shoulder for a moment before straightening himself back up, yawning.
"come on, let's go to bed." kylie said, grabbing his hand and leading him up the stairs, both of them leaving their bags in the hall.

patrick looked over at his sleeping girlfriend as the credits of the movie they had put on began to roll.
"you asleep, baby?" he asked, his voice hushed to a whisper.
After receiving no reply he turned the tv off and pulled her closer to him.
he kissed the top of her head softly, not wanting to wake her.
"I love you, ky."

a/n
I swear I posted this like 2 days ago sorry guys 😭 more drama soon I'm so excited.