seven

when she makes it back up to the hotel room, charles is pacing, possibly hyperventilating, and on the edge of a nervous breakdown

she comes over to him, making him sit next to her, wrapping her arms around him in a soothing manner.

"mon cheri what's wrong baby?" she speaks softly

"et si je ne peux pas honorer Jules, n'est-ce pas ? Et si je l'échoue et que papa encore, je ne peux pas, je ne peux pas"
"what if i cant honor jules right? what if i fail him and papa again, i cant, i cant"

he says all of this through sobs and it breaks mayas heart.

"they will forever be so proud of you charlie. you are amazing and no matter what place you are, jules is going to be so proud of his little boy, i promise"

charles and maya stay like that for another ten minutes, calming him down and assuring him that he can never let any of them down.

he gets up and claps his hands, goes to wash his face off and is ready to head to the track.

they get to the ferrari paddock and before he can get whisked away from her, she grabs him.

"hey charlie?"

"yeah?"

"i'm proud of you"

she sees the emotions in his face and is immediately enclosed into a hug. he walks away and she decides to try and find lily, alex's girlfriend.

"boo" a voice from the walkway behind her says right into her ear and maya is honestly suprised she didn't kung fu panda him.

"jesus christ you dickhead what's your problem" she says out of breath

"sorry it was too good not to"

"shut up maxinda"

the dutch boy laughs and walks next to her, seemingly having lost his two others that maya thought would be with him.

"you lose your girls buddy?" she smirks at him

"nope" he says with a smile and departs on his way to the red bull paddock

'what the fuck' she thinks

she eventually makes it over to williams, saying hi and good luck to logan and attempting to trip alex. finally, she finds lily and they link arms deciding to go find other people to bother.

they talk about what the hell has been happening with a certain red bull driver, and try to fist fight when lily says she should just take him.

they try to find the other lily, with no luck, get increasingly upset as pierre informs them that kika isn't here either, facetime heidi and alex while they sit in one of the drivers rooms, and finally find marilou in aston martin.

they steal her away, all while continuously walking past kelly, very obviously not too intrigued on trying to hangout with her.

the three girls eventually head back to their paddocks, maya throws on her headphones, praying that charles can come back from p8.

the race goes by insanely fast and maya is not sobbing into andrea's chest. she's not. p4 may not seem like an accomplishment and she knows charles is going to beat himself up but at the same time she knows jules is so happy for him.

he gets back, and she allows the team to hug him and move on to congratulate carlos and she bear hugs him.

"he is so proud of you charlie"

he doesn't say anything but squeezes her harder, she lets him go so silvia can take him to do media things. she catches another persons eye as she makes her way out of the paddock, smiling when she sees him smile and gives him a thumbs up for pole.

she watches the podium, smiles when she can hear penelope yelling for max, kelly still looks bitchy but now that max won again she seems to have cooled it down a little, trying to shush penelope.

she says her goodbyes and gets on her plane, mayair (original right), and heads to paris for a shoot with tommy hilfiger.

she gets a few texts from the boys, lando telling her to please bring him back some macarons to which she says no (she's already planning which place to buy them from). she receives another text

unknown

no goodbye for me?
and i thought you owed me after
bumping into me 4 times

oh, she is so going to kill charles.