eleven

as we established, maya is not having a midlife crisis

as we established, maya is not having a midlife crisis. she just changed max's name in her phone to "cerulean🐬". no big deal.

maybe she also followed him back on instagram. it was the nice thing to do okay? and maybe when he facetimes her to show jimmy and sassy to her cat zero, she answers. she did it for the cats, nothing else.

but, it doesn't mean anything anyway because he has a girlfriend. even though they don't talk about her and he hasn't said her name since japan, they're still together. and florence is for some reason, very very against maya being a secret mistress. even though she's been coincidentally sneaking out of her own house to see someone. hypocrite!

charles had invited her to a paddle game with max and lando, and she actually said yes. until her manager calls her and tells her that ysl wants her to be in the campaign they're shooting that same day. in greece.

so she backs out, and it's fine. the campaign is fun, she loves ysl so it goes easy. well it was, until she arrived at her hotel door to see someone standing there.

no. hold on. that's not someone. that is max emilian verstappen at her hotel door in greece, not in monaco, where he should be right now.

"um max?" she asks slowly walking up to the door he had been leaning on.

he pockets his phone quickly and stands up

"oh hi i was just looking for you"

"why?" she didn't mean to sound like a bitch but why was he here??

"i just wanted to um make sure that you had a break after the shoot"

so now he cares about her well being...hm.

"so you flew to greece?" she unlocks her door and steps in, opening it enough to invite him in. bad idea but whatever.

he walks in and shuts the door behind him.

"yeah you know private plane and all. i mean that's what friends do right?" he sounds nervous as he asks it, she sees his right hand rubbing the back of his neck, the other hand awkwardly gestures to them when he says the word friends.

"are we friends max?" she asks.

"do you think so?" he counters.

she takes a breath and answers, "we could be"

nothing could've prepared her for what he said next.

"could we be more?"