Chapter 2 || The First Not A Date!

My eyes darted open at the sound of a knock and I got up naturally and opened the door, only to be met with a very... adorable looking Horikita Suzune.

"Ayanokoji..." That tone of voice didn't sound very good, it's almost like she's mad at me, "You just woke up, didn't you?" She asked, quite annoyed, her eyebrows furrowing at my appearance. However, that anger was tainted with a blush as my shirt was currently not on my body.

It was then that I realised my grave mistake, I didn't know the time. I tried checking my phone but disappointingly, it had died whilst I slept on a video call to the girl in front of me.

"My apologies Horikita, my phone seemed to have run out of battery last night, you can come in whilst I get ready," I said, stepping to the side and letting her through, to which she walked in without hesitation.

"As minimalistic as ever, Ayanokoji." She uttered, looking around my plain room. I hadn't bought many decoration items since arriving here since I thought it simply be a waste of money.

"I saw to it to not recklessly spend points on items that were not of use," I responded to her comment hastily. I grabbed my towel from my drawer and then headed for the shower, "I won't be too long. You can sit on my bed if you'd like." I told her and she abided by my words, sitting down and looking at the book that I had on my bedside table 'Then She Was Gone' by Lisa Jewell. It was a mystery thriller that I had been reading (A/N I've actually read this book irl and it actually had me on the edge of my seat).

I turned on the shower and got in after letting it slightly warm up. After I had washed my body and hair, I promptly exited the shower and scrubbed my hair with the towel to take out any excess water and then wrapped it around my waist because I had noticed that I, unfortunately, forgot to bring my clothes with me to the bathroom. If she has her compass on her, I will be stabbed.

I walked out of the bathroom, my towel being the only thing stopping this from me being framed for sexual assault - not that it hadn't already happened earlier this year.

Horikita looked up, presuming that I was ready to go on our outing but was met with an unready me. Her hand instantaneously flew to her mouth at the sight of me in a towel, with water dripping from my hair to my body, "Sorry, I forgot to get my clothes." I apologised. She did not utter a single word as I picked up my clothes and headed back to the bathroom to resume my getting ready.

I put on my outfit that was pretty plain and basic but alas, plain and basic was what I've been going for my whole time here at ANHS.

(A/N my Photoshop skills r great)

When I walked out, my hair still slightly wet, Horikita's face was once again red, though this time I know not the reason for it as it could have been because of what had just happened or my outstanding looks

"Shall we go?" I asked.

"Your hair is still slightly wet, won't you get ill?" She said, running her hands through it. There is the possibility of that occurrence though, I'd like to think more highly of my capabilities to not fall ill because of wet hair.