Chapter 5 || 'Change'

| | BOUND | |

As I had expected, the announcement of another special exam had taken place, well, it wasn't an exam per se but it did involve winning and losing class points which we should preferably class that as a special exam.

The Sports Festival.

Normally speaking, there would be a traitor amidst us, but of course, I've knocked that traitor out of the game. Kushida Kikyou is a menace to society but now that I have her under my reigns, I'm free to walk my way to the top because of course, I don't need to try.

"Let's all do some laps why don't we?" Hirata told everyone, he was quite quick at getting everyone calm. After all, people weren't ready for another special exam and were in a daze with what to do. Hirata was quick to the rescue.

I ran beside Suzune, at her pace, "How many laps do you think we can do?" I asked her, and when I said 'we' I meant her.

"I think I can manage 10." She said. She wasn't running at a pace that would quickly tire her which was a good idea, however, we were running at a higher average speed than the majority of the class.

That truly is a problem. We have a few athletically capable people in our class like me, Suzune, Hirata, Onodera, Sudo, and Miyake and I won't count Koenji because he's a lost cause only doing things when it benefits him or when he feels like it.

Due to that, we are at a stunning disadvantage within the Sports Festival. Truth be told we will be partnered up with Class A but how athletically capable are they? The inner information about Class A is kept under wraps seeing as it's split between two factions but of course, since the Island Exam, Katsuragi's faction has been dwindling.

I suppose I'll plant a double agent against Class C to give us a better chance and who would be better than Kushida Kikyou for that?

By the 8th lap, I could sense her tiredness but she persevered through until she ran out of breath during the tenth lap, making it further than the majority of the class, with the exception of Sudo who, other than Koenji, had the highest physical capabilities here.

"Are you not tired?" She asked me, drinking from the water bottle that I had given her.

"Yes, I am." Liar.

"You don't look tired."

"When do I look at anything?"

The conversation was cut early due to my quick-witted response but I ignited the flame of the conversation once more with slight teasing to get her reaction, "I drank from that bottle, that'd be an indirect kiss Suzu." If anything, I could quite literally feel the heat radiating off of her cheeks.

"W-What of it?" She said, attempting to stand her ground but failing miserably because of the shake and stutter in her voice.

"Nothing. I just felt the need to let you know." I hummed, amused by her reaction. Since realizing her feelings, I've noticed she's become an extremely expressive person around me, differentiating vastly from her persona before and during the island exam. It's almost as if she's bipolar or was switched with a person who looks and sounds exactly like her but acts differently.

"So, what do you think about the sports festival?" I asked her whilst walking to the nearest vending machine to buy some of my favourite drink, black coffee.

"We have an overwhelming disadvantage." She told me, "Only a handful of people could stand up to par with the athleticism of class C."

And of course that Ryuuen likes- "...to play dirty tricks." She finished off my thoughts. Truth be told, Ryuuen is a wonderful strategist and dominates his class with an iron fist, he knows how to be a leader and how to win. It would be far from surprising if he pulled out a few dirty tricks.