Chapter 7 || Unveiled Truth

"Are you sure you want to do this Kiyotaka?" Suzune asked me, unknowing to whether I would regret my decision in the future.

"I'm adamant," I replied, as lax as I usually sound. I would not regret my decision in the slightest. I've decided to leave my mark on this school, to become known and remembered. Thus, I will become a person who will be so unforgettable that when people bring up my name it's not just some random person who they 'think they've heard of'.

"You don't have to. You can use me like you used me in the past and stay hidden, controlling everything in the shadows. I truly don't mind Kiyotaka." I gently placed my hand on her cheek and maintained strong eye contact with her.

"I'm doing this for the benefit of our class. It's time I faced Sakayangi and Ryuuen head-on." I'll exclude Ichinose for now, she needs to learn how to be a true leader and overcome her defects before becoming even a minuscule offence against me. I do have a plan in mind and I'll inaction it when Class B inevitably drops to Class D. However, Sakayanagi and Ryuuen's chance of winning against me is also very minuscule.

"Although..." I started, "I believe you'll grow exponentially in the future to be able to oppose me, Suzune."

Her eyes widened as she quickly caught on to what I was implying, "Do you mean-?!"

"I'll be transferring classes in the future," I confirmed.

A wave of hurt clouded her eyes as she looked at me confused, "Why?"

It was a simple question really, and it came with a simple answer.

"Because I want to be buried."

Sakayanagi will come for me in due time just as Ryuuen is already planning but even with their combined or not combined efforts, they stand no chance.

She was evidently confused, she knew that I had secrets and capabilities far beyond what she could comprehend, "I'll give you more answers soon Suzune, now is not the right time." I said, removing my eye contact from hers.

"Do you not trust me, Kiyotaka?" She knew that I wasn't in love with her but she loved me. From the time we've spent together over the last few weeks, it's safe to say that she will only continue falling for me. It is but a wish for me to fall for her.

"I trust you." Liar. "However, what I'm keeping inside is something that you simply cannot know Suzune. You, your family, and your brother whom you treasure so dearly would be in imminent danger should it come to light that you know of my origins. I trust you completely, but please, do give me time."

Perhaps if I continue down the path I'm on in feeling these new emotions then maybe, just maybe, I'll tell her. I'd keep her a secret from my father and I'd protect her.

"Are you okay? Kiyo...?" She placed her right hand gently on my cheek, the smoothness of her skin feeling perfectly placed on my face. It was the second time she called out to me with that name, and... it felt right. Perhaps I am already falling.

Am I okay?

I suppose not. Growing up devoid of emotions with a brutal training schedule, learning things that I shouldn't even know as a child let alone at 15 years of age.

The white room torture method is used to make people go insane and they should go after maybe less than a month to get them to admit to heinous crimes but could anyone, even you reading this be able to last 15 years?

Would you go insane?

"I'm okay, Suzu." Liar.

She looked at me almost as if she didn't believe me but then her eyes widened as her thumb caressed my lips, the speed at which she pulled her phone out and took a picture of me was unprecedented.