Chapter 1 (Part 1)

My eyes slowly open as I find myself waking up in a recently familiar spot; the trailer I had previously woken up in. Although, last time I had woken up, I was on the floor. I now lay in a bed with dark purple sheets and I sit up, noticing my skate and shoe on the floor next to the bed, may satchel hanging on the handle of the door, and Hiko, sitting in a chair in the corner of the room, who seems to have dozed off.

I sigh, and scoot off of the bed, leaving the blanket as is. Standing up, I look over at Hiko, and I walk up to him, nudging his shoulder. His eyes open and he looks up at me, before straightening his posture. "Ah- Hi Kameko what do you mean I wasn't sleeping whaaaaat?"

I grin slightly. "It's all good, Hiko. But uh, question. Last thing I remember is..." I pause, the image of Hotaru's dead body drilled into my mind. I take a breath. "The last thing I remember is hitting my head and being knocked out. How did I, uh, get back here?"

"Oh, Aki noticed you and carried you back here and I came along too, and so did Suzi. We were all, well, concerned... But uhm, I just decided to stay and make sure you'd be okay!" Hiko smiles at me, and I sigh.

"So, uh... Was that incident from before... Real? Is Hotaru actually...?" I ask hesitantly, and Hiko frowns nervously, before slowly nodding. I bite the inside of my mouth.

"Shit..."

"A-ah, but Satoshi told us we should all meet up at the park and discuss what we should do, so uh... Do you want to?" Hiko asks.

I sigh, and nod. "I mean, nothing better to do, I guess." I grab my shoe and skate and put them on, and grab my satchel.

"The park with the fountain?" I ask, and Hiko nods.

Leaving the trailer with Hiko, the door locks behind us. We head off to the park in silence, not having much to talk about. Finally making it to the park, we see almost everyone, the only ones not there being Hiroshi, Kimiko, and Kameyo.

Satoshi turns to us, and sighs. "I figured you two would arrive. I don't think the other three are coming though, so I guess I'll start."

Hiko and I hustle, sitting on the edge of the fountain next to Takara and Yoshihiro.

Satoshi starts. "Okay, so as we know, we're in quite a dangerous situation, being this 'killing game' that MonoWeasel has mentioned before, and it's clearly real, since we saw Hotaru die right in front of us."

I shudder, a bit weirded out by the fact that Satoshi can say it so nonchalantly...

He continues. "We all technically did sign yes to be here, as far as I know, and that's legally binding, meaning it's unlikely that the police will search for us, meaning we have to find a way out ourselves."

Everyone just glances at each other, well, except Takara, who just sat there. "Why the silence guys??"

I pat her shoulder. "We're staring suspiciously at each other, don't worry about it." Takara smiles and nods.

Satoshi sighs. "I just wanted to say that we can't give in to what MonoWeasel wants. We may have technically agreed to this, but we didn't know what we exactly were agreeing to. For our sakes and Hotaru, we must escape."

"Don't know why we care about Hotaru..." I mutter, Takara hearing me and gasping.

"Kameko...what? What do you mean, we may have no known Hotaru for long, but... She was still our friend!"

My eyes widen as I realize I had said my thoughts out loud, but... I want to defend my point. "Our friend? No, she wasn't. I had one interaction with her and it was her discriminating against Hiko. Don't get me wrong, seeing someone die is traumatizing, but why do we care about Hotaru 's death?"

Everyone stares at me and I shrink back a bit, just not enough to fall into the fountain.

Hiko places his hand on mine and announces to everyone. "I mean, she isn't wrong. I mean, it's obviously sad that someone literally died, but why should we honor her?"

A few people mutter, before Satoshi sighs. "I guess you're not wrong, so let's just escape for ourselves, okay?"

Everyone seems to agree, and we all disperse, Hiko staying with me. After everyone has left, I speak.

"Thanks for defending me, Hiko, I don't know why I said that out loud..."

"It's no worries, what are friends for?" Hiko smiles at me, before turning his head. "Hey, I'm gonna go see if there's anyone to hang out with, I'll catch up with you later, okay?"

I smile at him, "Yeah, see ya later, Hiko."

Hiko smiles at me and walks away, exiting the area.

I have some free time, should I spend it with someone?

----------

Comment 4 characters you want free time events for, and the ones with the highest amount of demand will be the ones chosen for the free time events of this chapter. Choose wisely, for if you don't chose a character and they happen to die, they cannot be chosen for free time events in the future.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Good day, everyone!

EDIT! FREE TIME EVENT VOTE IS CLOSED, THEY HAVE BEEN FINALIZED AS OF NOW!