Chapter one

Chapter 1

Amelia's POV

Today, 2 months after graduating with my chemistry degree, I will be applying for the job of my dreams at Crofts Ltd. Research centre. I wake up feeling groggy but excited and hop in the shower to freshen up. I want to make a good impression so scrub my body with Jasmine body wash and wash my brown hair with my vanilla scented shampoo. I then wrap a towel around myself and use my hairdryer and straightners. My outfit is professional; a black pencil skirt, red blouse and black suit jacket. I finish the look with minimal makeup and a pair of nude heels. Grabbing my purse I lock the door to my flat shouting a quick goodbye to my room mate Maddy who I doubt is even awake yet.

I decide to walk to the company building as the weather is great and I only live a thirty minute walk away. I'm getting nervous and I feel like something big is going to happen but as I near the building i catch the smell of werewolves inside which settles my stomach a little. I technically belong to my parents small pack in cornwall but since moving to London I haven't joined another, instead seeking permission from the Night Pack for allowing me to live in their territory. However I have never met the alpha, who is supposedly the youngest and most ruthless alpha in the world with one of the strongest packs, he is also known for his good looks and his successful business... that I am walking up to now.

I can't believe it... I think as I step into the tower block that blasts cool air into my face. This is actually happening. I'm one interview away from getting a job here. A job that will pay enough for me to not worry about my debts and one that I will enjoy. After entering the large entrance hall I walk up to the front desk and introduce myself to the blonde sitting professionally behind a marble desk.

"Hi, my name's Amelia Grange and -" I speak but get cut off.

"Oh yes, we have been expecting you, Miss Grange. Please take a seat over there whilst I inform Mr Saunders of your arrival." She was back to typing on her computer before I could mutter a quick "Thankyou" as I moved over to the empty seats.

I'm lost in thought, wandering about my interviewer, the beta and Deputy executive of Crofts Ltd, when the desk lady calls to me. "Mr Saunders will see you now. Take the lift up to floor 3 and take a seat outside room 34. Good Luck" She smiles a breathtaking smile at me and I return it with an uneasy one of my own. I can't help but be nervous but now all I'm thinking is whether or not all the people who work here are blonde models?!

I step into the lift and press the third button before looking at my reflection in one of the four mirrored walls. I think I look okay.. Except for the fact I'm not thin but I can't worry about that now. There is a ping and the overhead voice says "Floor 2". I wait for the doors to open and for whoever is entering to get in so we can continue our journey. As the doors open I am engulfed by an amazing smell and I look around frantically as Scarlet, my wolf howells. A middle aged man steps in and presses the button for floor 12 but I can immediately tell he's not my mate. Instead, as I look out through the closing doors I see a retreating figure that has the most amazing back and a suit that I suddenly have the urge to rip off. I want to rush out but shake my head and focus my mind on the interview one floor above.