Tips for writing a character obsessed with someone

1 Intense focus: show the characters thoughts frequently drifting to the person they like and are obsessed with. They may daydream about the person, have fantasies about them, create fake scenarios with them involved, or constantly seek out information about them

2 Excessive attention: have the character go out of their way to be near the person they like, even if it means altering and changing their schedule and/or activities. They might constantly check the other person's social media, attend events they know the person will be at, or try to initiate conversations frequently.

3 Idealization: portray the person they like as almost perfect in the eyes of the obsessed character. They may overlook any sort of flaws and rationalize any negative traits the person has.

4 Jealousy: show signs of jealousy or possessiveness when others interact with the person they like. This can range from mild discomfort to extreme reactions depending on the intensity of their obsession and MPS.

5 Boundary crossing: be cautious not to depict characters crossing personal boundaries or stalking behaviors. It's essential to highlight the line between infatuation and unhealthy obsession. Some very obsessed characters may start to do this though.

6 Emotional rollercoaster: reflect the characters emotional highs and lows based on the other person's actions or responses. Their mood might increasingly fluctuate dramatically depending on whether they perceive the person's behavior as positive or negative.

7 Consequences: show the impact of the character's obsession on their own well-being and relationships with others. It's essential to address any negative repercussions in a realistic way.

8 Character development: consider how the character's obsession evolves over time. Do they eventually realize the unhealthy nature of their fixation and work to change it, or do they become more consumed in the obsession.