Enemies to lovers

Pacing matters. Many books have enemies-to-lovers that are enemies but suddenly become lovers within the first 3 chapters. That is completely unrealistic because enemies have a strong hatred or rivalry with one another. A day or two isn't enough to alter that. The same goes for if the characters are enemies for the whole book, but lovers in the very last 3 pages.

You have to give a reasonable reason for them to hate each other. Hate is a completely different concept than simply disliking someone. If the character does happen to be provocative or it's in their nature, then they may hate each other for small and simple things. For example, the characters can be enemies because of a composition to prove something. Maybe because of cultural views, politics, a social structure, academics, etc. You can't make the characters hate each other just because one finds the other annoying.

BE UNIQUE YALLLLL!!! Since enemies to lovers is literally one of the most common tropes, there are so many repeated elements in it. This includes character development, reasons they hate each other, etc. Add a sense of individuality to the characters, provide tensions and leave the readers stunned!!

As a result of the two characters being enemies, their family or friends are bound to dislike them. This doesn't have to include their entire family and friend group, but maybe only a few who are close to them. When the two characters transition into lovers, make sure to add the other people's opinions and maybe their protests in the relationship.

Character development will happen one way or another within the story. Both of the characters will partake in the character development when the story's end nears. The characters should have some sort of an impact on one another. An example is a change in perspective over some sort of topic.