Chapter 20

Which led to Chan being alone. He had very rarely been alone in the last two weeks and somehow the silence felt strange.

He really didn't know what to do with himself, even if he actually had an incredible amount of things to do.

On the one hand, he wanted to get through the conversation with Changbin as quickly as possible, on the other hand, he was somehow afraid of what the younger would tell him.

Well, maybe he wouldn't talk to him at all.

Brooding, Chan shook his head and decided to take a shower first. But in the bathroom, the chaos of blood and shards received him.

Sighing, he set out to collect the shards, vacuumed away the rest and washed away the blood.

Then he undressed and stood under the warm water. Which felt good, but his head was full of thoughts of Changbin, which was why he hasted to finish.

He didn't want to have to think about all this anymore. He wanted to have his head free for Jisung and for his work.

A short time later, he was sitting in the car on the way to Changbin. His thoughts were still spinning in circles, but he stared concentrated at the street.

He would have liked to have held Jisung in his arm and cuddled up to him, but it was of no use.

When he stood in front of Changbin's front door a little later, he had to take a few breaths before finally pressing the bell.

It took quite a while until he heard muffled steps and the door was finally opened a bit.

"Chan...?"

Chan stared at Changbin with his mouth open. He looked tired and incredibly sad. As if he had slept far too little and cried only recently.

Without a word, Chan pushed the door open, entered the apartment and pulled Changbin into his arm. "Oh Binnie..." he muttered unhappily and gently stroked the back of the younger.

He could feel him being shaken by his sob before he heard it.

Sighing, he closed the door and pulled Changbin into the living room with him. But since the younger clung to him, it wasn't that easy to sit down with him.

"Binnie, come sit down and let's talk..." he said quietly and continued to caress his back.

But Changbin only shook his head and pressed himself closer to Chan.

"I'm so sorry...," he finally pushed out sobbing and clung to Chan, who finally dropped on the sofa with the younger one in his arms.

"Binnie talk to me... I'm sure we'll find a solution..." Chan murmured and changed his position so that he lay on his back and Changbin accordingly almost on top of him.

Who took a deep breath, which didn't actually help anything. He only sobbed more violently and his tears soaked Chan's shirt.

Chan suppressed a sigh, held him tight and simply continued to caress Changbin's back. He wanted to know what was going on and be able to understand why the younger behaved like that, but it looked like it would take some time before he would get his answers.

He knew the younger for almost five years now, but he had never seen him like that before.

"Binnie... I'm here... calm down..." he murmured helplessly and gently stroked through Changbin's hair.

"But you won't forgive me," the younger one whispered sobbing.

"I will... if you apologize to Jisung, I'll forgive you baby...," Chan said quietly, which led to Changbin getting up almost shocked and staring at Chan with a tear-soated face.