Chapter VIII: Poisonous Words...

Fanny's P.O.V:

I watched in slight horror and sadness as my parents explained to Bubble what they've told me, "S-So apparently, the plane was going through some turbulence...then there was a massive storm that threw the plane and crashed underwater," My mom stopped. She clenched her fist and covered her mouth, while trying to stop her tears. My dad noticed and filled in, while also hugging her from the back. "Fortunately, some people survived when rescuers arrived...but the percentage of survival during that time was no more than 12%, and...well...your parents were the 82% of passengers that...didn't make it out alive..."

Bubble grew a distraught face as they were telling her more information about their deaths. I felt really terrible that I couldn't do anything to help. Once they were getting ready to talk about funeral locations and wills, Bubble sprinted upstairs and locked herself up in my room. (AKA: The same room she's crashing in) All of us rushed behind and we could all hear her crying in distress. My dad was getting ready to knock on the door, but my mom stopped his fist and whispered, "Give her some time alone," He nodded in agreement and left. Leaving me and my mother alone in the hallway.

My mother was about to catch up with him, but noticed me sitting down with my back against the door. "Honey, I think we should give her some space. You've done your part." She tried to persuade me into getting up from the floor and to come down stairs, but I just stayed still. I want to help her, and make her feel better! I didn't listen to her. I shook my head no, but she was getting irritated, "I don't have time for you to be stubborn right now. Please come downstairs and get started with dinner." She whispered with slight anger in her voice. What? I'm not letting Bubble drown herself in disheartening emotion by herself. "I'm NOT leaving her all alone by herself! She needs someone to calm her down!" I huffed back, hoping that she'd understand.

Unfortunately, she didn't. She lost all of her patience pretty quickly. She grew a furious expression on her face and proceeded to shout loud enough for everyone inside the house to hear, "Well, some people are more than capable of calming themselves down alone, UNLIKE YOU! Ugh, you always need someone to help you. You're so dependentable. You can't do ANYTHING by yourself! God, when are YOU going to STOP BEING AUTISTIC AND START ACTING LIKE A NORMAL GIRL!!!" Th-Those words from my own mother shot my heart into pieces. Kind of like the same way Pencil did when she snapped at me and burned my book in the trash. Only difference it made was, this situation hurt even more, since it's coming from someone I care about. My eyes dulled down; you couldn't even tell how I was feeling at that moment. Not even my own family...

"F-Fanny, I'm so sorry. I-It slipped out, a-and I-I wasn't thinking–!" My mother gasped and tried to apologize, but I lowered my head down and made no eye contact with anyone but the ground. I would've stormed into my room, but it was locked by someone else who needs it more than I do. This isn't the first time one of my parents' snapped at me. I know how frustrating my Autism can be. I was well aware that I was a handful and gave my parents constant headaches and sleepless nights when I was a baby. The only reason I was mad is because I don't need multiple reminders that I have a learning and social disorder.

We both stood in silence and that's when she left. Left me alone with my emotions. That's the best she can do, since she's not really a great therapist. Let alone someone who's great with feelings. I heard my bedroom door's lock click. FLICK! CLICK! I stepped away and witnessed the door creak open with my Bubble inside with tears in her eyes. "A-Are yoiu o-okay?" She asked softly with slight fear. My face looked like a robot, emotionless. But that quickly changed when she asked if I was alright. A-Am I okay?! What about you?! You LOST your parents, and you're asking me if I was OKAY?!

"I-I'm fine, but forget about me. Are YOU okay?!" I took that opportunity to hug her with my chord while she hugged my back and buried her face behind me. "S-So what now? Do oi have to live so-somewhere else?" She asked with extreme fear followed by slight hiccups here and there. I sighed in sadness and whispered, "I-umm, I don't know. I wish I knew..." I really wished. The last thing I want is for her to be alone all by herself...again. Bubble let go of the hug that we had and locked our door. I looked around my room that was almost dark. It was emitting a slight dark blue light that was getting absorbed by my curtains. She sat on the top bunk and invited me to stay up with her. I climbed up the ladder and with Bubble's help, I made it and took a seat on top of her pillow.