Chapter 7

Hey guys, I'm back!!! Thank you so much for the lovely comments! I decided to update earlier because of them :D While I have your attention, can you all please check out and vote for my other stories? Believe it or not, there is more to my writing talent than this crappy mermaid story...

Anyway, I will keep you waiting no longer, I finished the last chapter with a lot of cliff hangers. So, this chapter it's Gabrielle and Tara. Originally there was also supposed to be Taiven in this one, but I thought that it would make a nicer ending with Tara. You'll see why.

On the side there's a messed up picture of Gabrielle, and plus the song Zombie by the Cranberries for your own pleasure. Enjoy!

Chapter 7

Gabrielle

                She walked the school corridors like a ghost, neither looking nor speaking to anyone; which was rather unusual of her. Gabrielle eyes had miraculously gotten back to normal, and her teeth were better; still a little pointier than she would have wanted, but still, not at all as bad as it was before; she was terrified that it would start all over again though. Which was why she refused to open her mouth or to look at anyone, scared that if she did something that she wasn’t supposed to that it would trigger the transformation when she least expected it. Sadly, her skin was still an odd metallic colour, which was attracting a lot of attention. 

Finally, for what seemed to be an eternity later, the warning bell finally rang and Gabrielle hurried to class, still not speaking or looking at anyone. She was the first one to arrive in English and the teacher greeted her as she walked in, but she didn’t answer, she simply went to go sit in the back of the room and then opened her book which she pretended to read. She hadn’t gotten any sleep the night before. All night, she kept tossing and turning in her bed, feeling either too hot or too cold, and her head wouldn’t shut up the whole night. She hated it whenever that happened. At one point in the night she felt like the she was choking and when she’d gotten up to go get a cup of water from the bathroom tap, she felt as if the inside her body was preparing for the transformation, almost making her throw up in the process. To top it all off, this morning, she’d awoken thirty minutes before her alarm clock and decided to get up and take a shower. After being under the falling water for a minute her so, her legs had suddenly given out and next thing she’d known, she was sitting on the shower floor with her mermaid tail instead of legs and feet. More mad than ever, she had needed to drag herself out of the shower, using her arms because her tail wasn’t much help, and then she need to lie down on the cold floor for nearly five minutes and wait for her legs to reappear. After that, she’d grabbed a towel, used it to get rid of the soap and water that was in her hair, before tying it up, getting dressed, and getting the hell of out her house. To say the least, it was not a very good start to her morning.

Thinking back on it now, the water that came out of their taps at home came practically directly from the ocean; salt water. Maybe that was what triggered the transformation every time she drank, or was in the water at home. But what about the water in the pool at school? What if right in the middle of practice, or worse, a competition, her tail magically appeared while she was swimming; how would she be able to explain that!? I need to quit the team; she regrettably thought staring down at her book as the rest of the wave of students came loudly into the classroom. Right then, for some reason Gabrielle felt furious, enraged with everyone in the class. How fair was it that she was currently living a terrible crisis and they all just seemed to live on with their daily, simple, not at all complicated life. It sucked. Everything that was happening to her was just not fair in the least. Gabrielle then suddenly saw Alacreed walk into the classroom, she quickly bent her head back down and pretended to read again. What was she reading anyway? This morning she’d simply grabbed a book that was lying around the house and stuffed it into her bag. She turned the book around to look at the cover; Fifty Shades of Grey. That brought a smile to her lips; her mother was reading porn.