Chapter 15

UPDATED!!!! Once again I apologize for the long wait, but this chapter is freaking awesome and going to make up for it, I swear!

On the side I have a picture of a mermaid from the Deep, and as song I chose Dead in the Water by Ellie Goulding. Really worth listening to if you ask me. He's a little part of it, just so you have an idea what this chapter will be about:

Cause I can hardly breathe
When your hands let go of me
The ice is thinning out
And my feet brace themselves

I'm there in the water
Still looking for ya
I'm there in the water
Can't you see, can't you see

Chapter 15

Tara

            I was living in hell. This week has probably been one of the worse ones of my life, and that’s saying a lot considering everything that I’ve gone through. Everywhere that I swam, whether it was in the kingdom water or inside the castle all I heard was Majesty this and Queen Tarabelle that, and also the ever so classic Highness we must go to war. But I swore to myself that I wasn’t going to crack and give in to everyone demands to go to battle. Unlike everyone else in the kingdom, I’m not stupid. It is completely obvious that if ever I do allow my people to go to war, Auron will already be waiting for us with a master plan to kill the rest of my merpeople population before we could even reach Taiven. Taiven, a voice in the back of my head suddenly whispered to me. I haven’t heard from him since I’d mentioned my pregnancy; however I knew that he was still alive, I could feel it; even though I couldn’t even begin to imagine what kind of terrible conditions he was forced to live in. It really did hurt me inside to know that I’ve been making him put up with Auron’s torture for so long without even bothering to try and rescue him yet. But now was not the time for my pity party, in about five minutes I needed to go address the remaining population of the Upper Kingdom about the new rules that I will be enforcing, and also what I had in mind for those of the Deep. Everyone was scared, and I needed to find a way to somehow put their fears at ease for the moment; I needed to be confident, and for once attempt to seem like an actual queen, otherwise nothing I’ll try to do or say will ever work. Capturing the dark merpeople hadn’t been enough to satisfy the remaining population, so I was then forced to take violent measures. If those of the Deep that are captured refuse to talk to me about Auron’s future plans, then they were executed publicly for everyone to see. I didn’t like resulting to such matters, but I knew it needed to be done. So far, five dark merpeople have been killed, and I currently had two young ones in waiting for interrogation. Still, even with my efforts, the Kingdom continued to protest about my “weak heart”. I was about two more bad comments away before imprisoning however continued to insult me and talk behind my back. But I had to dismiss that thought. I was already a bad queen, the last thing I needed was to be considered an evil one too.

                “Majesty?” I turned around and saw Danicio swimming on spot not too far behind me.

                “What is it?” I asked, not intending for my voice to sound so sharp and cold. It was probably the side effect for not sleeping in over three days.

                The guard cleared his throat. “I simply thought that you could use some company at the moment.” That almost made me smile. Almost.

                I really don’t understand why he’s so nice to me. I’ve been a total pain to everyone for the last few months—even more so this last week— but Danicio still found a way to endure me and almost make me smile at times.