4. Afterschool

Hey guys, not much has happened lately other than my usual busy life...so for those have you that have stuck with me for the 3 parts that I have put up, thank you and as for the stats, there's like 300+ reads, 8 votes, and 0 comments:( But a huge thank you to all of you guys that have read and voted on this book, and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Adrian's POV

Shit. She looked beautiful. Even with that haircut. In fact, she could be bald and still look beautiful; that's how beautiful she was. Why the fuck did I have to fall for her? Why not some other girl, some girl that didn't have standards as high as the fucking moon when it came to guys?

**Afterschool***

"Lenora!" I said. "Lenora wait up!" "I have to-,"

"Tell me later Adrian, I'm on my period so now might not be a great time!" she said, hurrying over to the girls' restroom. I remember how much she liked to make other people blush by blurting out the most awkward things in public.

I just decided to wait for her outside the girls restroom like the fucking pussy that I was. A couple of girls came out of the restroom and started flirting with me, but I had my eyes on the prize, and that was Lenora Moore, a girl who was honestly quite bitchy, but she had her reasons, and I was willing to figure them out, but first she needed to get out of this damn bathroom in order for me to carry out my plan.

I heard a flush of the toilet, and the rush of water from the sink. Call me creepy, but I peered to see if it was the girl I was looking for, and sure enough, it was.

"Adrian, there is no point in you staring at me from there; if you want to talk to me, you might as well start now, because I am a busy person, unlike some people you may know."

I looked at her pointedly and said, "Well, I just wanted to apologize for the kiss, I didn't mean to offend you or anything but it was a dare that I couldn't back out of cause...nevermind. But anyways, I didn't see you at our table today after that and I just wanted to tell you that your haircut doesn't change anything, you can still come and sit with us, we're still your friends."

I cringed at the statement I made; I literally just friend-zoned myself, I mean I didn't know I could get any more pathetic than that. When it came Lenora, all of my flirting skills were useless; they never worked when it came to her. I'm not sure why, I just knew they didn't work.

She looked at me pointedly and smirked. Goddamn, she knew. She fucking knew.

"Adrian, I have a question for you. Do you like me?"

Aghast, I started blubbering incoherent words, and ended up saying, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Her smirk got bigger and she said, "Adrian, I know that you know what it means. I know that I can come sit at our old table, I know that you still have a not-so-small crush on me, I fucking know. But, things have changed. Did you not see what happened in the cafeteria this morning? Some girl who was probably a freshman managed to fucking say shit like that to my face. She didn't even blink. While she did that, I was just an idiot up there. I didn't know what to say. I've never met someone that could stand me up like that, but she did."

"Well, she's just one girl Len. You've got us. I know that may not seem like much, but it's still more than she can say she has."

She came up to me and put a hand on my shoulder and said, "I appreciate it Adrian, but I would rather not make a bigger fool out of myself than I already have. Honestly, I just want to lay low for a while and just see what happens."

I blinked a couple of times in confusion, and she kissed me once on the cheek, and she was gone, just like that.

Lenora's POV

I just sat my ass in my car and stared at the cars passing through the street in front of where my car was parked. I stared off into the distance; the type of stare where you get double-vision and you figure out the answers to your life problems.

As of right now, I've got 99 problems and Adrian just kicked himself off that list.

I was honestly pretty glad that Adrian had the balls to be able to come and talk to me like that, and yeah, sure, he was an asshole, but even he knew when to stop.

I placed my hand over the coffee that I got from Dunkin' Donuts (Yep, you read that right, it wasn't Starbucks) and I just felt the wisps of steam curling and condensing around my hand. It was pretty chilly here in the great state of Washington, but warm coffee + freshly baked donut = instant hand warmer(s). My math teacher would be proud of me. Speaking of teachers-

OH SHIT.

I forgot all about Ms. Baloney's detention.

Or was it Balogey?

I drive back all the way to school and by the time I reached there the doors to Hell were locked nice and tight. On a regular basis I would be pretty happy about this new development, but right now, this action just got me more pissed at the world.

I ringed up the only person that I knew I could call. Alex.

Ring, Ring, Ring. Hello, you have just reached Alexander's Mental Health Hospital. Press 1 if your patient is diagnosed with ----BEEP.

Of course it goes to voicemail. Oh yeah, Alex is my older brother, older by nine years actually. His ringtone isn't some sick joke by the way, he actually does own a mental health hospital, which can probably explain the voicemail.

I sighed and sat down on a stump of a tree and I started to feel water, salt-water, drip down my face. I closed my eyes and I started to sob quietly. I'm not sure for how long I just sat here and cried about how the day had been, but I did know that after a while, my olfactory senses worked and I heard a door open and shut. Through my blurry vision I wasn't able to make out who it was, but the first person to walk through was this buff teacher, who I think was part of the school's staff, actually, maybe a coach.

I sniffled and I tried to move away from his line of vision. It worked.

But not for long.

The door opened again, this time revealing a boy with Beats worn around his neck. It was chocolate boy.

I coughed loudly from shock (I know right, who coughs from shock? Well, apparently I do.) and his head shot straight up, and his eyes honed in on guess who? That's right. Me.

I furiously try to wipe my eyes and I stand up to make a quick escape, but then a voice reaches out to me and says, "Crying doesn't suit you."

I try to come up with a retort for that, but by the time I think of one, I hear the revving of an ancient pick-up truck, and he was gone, just like that.

Picture: Adrian Hughes

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW!