5. Alexander's Mental Health Hospital At Your Service

For the first time EVER, I have actually written/published two chapters IN A WEEK. THIS = GOALS. Anyways, thanks for all the people that have read and voted on this story, but I still haven't gotten my first comment yet:/ But seriously though, THANK YOU. And this chapter is dedicated to jennaringpop 

I walk over to my 10-yr. old baby. Yep, you heard right. Her name is Shay. Oh, I think I forgot one little detail; she's my Honda Civic. Oops.

I rev her up and I make my way easily through the crowded neighborhood near my school. Right as I get into the car, it starts to rain heavily, and I gladly thank karma for being on my side for once in my life.

I was on a mission; a mission to see which chic my brother had decided to bang while I was in need. That asshole. He calls me like everyday to check up on me, and yet the one time I call him, he decides not to pick up.

I cross an intersection and enter the nearby freeway. I listen to the constant thudding of the rain against the glass and I'm at ease.

I've always loved the rain, and as cliché as it sounds, I love to dance in it too. Ever since I can remember, I've always been a dancer. Don't get me wrong, I love to sing, but singing never gave me that thrill, the thrill of just being alive with every fiber of your being, not just your larynx/vocal chords. To me, dancing was singing with your body. I think that's why I was part of the singing community for as long as I was; when I sang I was allowed to dance to my song as well.

Sophia knew this; she had always had my back when a certain director or judge had wanted me to just sing. She would always, somehow, change their minds to let me dance as well. Without the dance, my singing was just like any other person's, but with it, you would think that I was Beyoncé's daughter herself.

Reminiscing over my memories over the years I felt an urge to just turn up the radio and belt out whatever music was on, so that's exactly what I did. I switch it on, turn up the volume, and I start to hear "Amnesia" by 5SOS. Perfect.

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted

I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted

And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine

Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you?

When he says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you?

Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie?

If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

'Cause I'm not fine at all..."

The music starts to fade in my ears and start to remember a time of when it was me, Bea, Mike, Luke, and the rest of the Purple Pandas. My mouth twitched up into a smile as I remember our middle school years, and all the arguments and laughs that lead up to the band, but I frowned as I started to remember when I left and all the pain and joy that followed me in that stage of my life.

This makes me feel old.

I take the exit and after another five contemplative minutes, I reach a building under the name Alexander's Mental Health Hospital.

It's actually quite a short building, about two stories tall, not like any of those other hospitals which belong in downtown along with all of the other skyscrapers located there. It has a homey feel to it, and I should know, since I decorated the place only like three years ago, when it first opened.