10. Secrets and Confrontations for the Faint-Hearted

Hey guys, I haven't updated since like the summer and I'm sorry about that, but I've been so BUSY. Anyways...woah. 1.8K reads. That's insane. If you look back at the authors note in Chapter 7, I wrote that we were almost at 400 reads, and that we only had 10 votes and 3 comments. And I was pretty freaking happy. Now, I'm ecstatic. I can't believe you guys. Who knew those reading-lists were any good;) Anyways stats update: 1,845 reads, 35 votes, and 14 comments. Y'all are insane. It's funny, because it was around that I was thinking of just discontinuing the story since I had literally no readers for like the longest time...although that might be because I never updated. Oops. Anyways, I'm going to tell you guys in advance, this chapter is short and crabby, but whatever happens in this chapter NEEDED TO HAPPEN. Oooooh, and I forgot to mention, I'm crabby at making covers, so I was wondering if anyone who can actually make decent covers could maybe make one for me? PM me if your interested, and I'll send over my email. You can request any gift that you want from me that is within my power to give(so basically something wattpad related). And one last question/comment, what would you guys think if I did every 10 chapters in different POVs? Yes or nah? Comment what you think!

She looked at me, and her lips curled up into a smile. This was pathetic. She was a freshman.

Why was I so nervous?

This wasn't the first time I had come across someone like her; in fact, she was kind of like me just a short while ago; both of us were arrogant, snobby, and honestly, just pathetic. Even now, I'd like to think that I'm better, but in reality, we're both terrible in our own ways.

As she drew nearer, I started to think of something, anything, to get her off my back. I wasn't interested in raising heads these days; no, I was past that. Now, all I wanted was to get past the school year with absolutely no drama to my name. However, like me, karma was also a bitch.

A high-pitched girly voice started to fire at me from about 5 ft. away, however that distance was rapidly diminishing, until it was an uncomfortable 6 in.(approximately) away from me.

"You know, I still can't believe that I actually used to follow you on Instagram and even like your posts whenever you posted. Even now, I honestly think that you could still build up your reputation. You're still beautiful, it's just that your hair really takes a lot away from you."

I blink, and continue to stare at Queen Bitch.

"So...you're not going to say anything? That's it?"

At this point, I have so many comments to say, and with such an overactive brain, I decide to settle on, "You know, next time you should just use glue stick instead of chap stick, you might look better, but you'll sound better for sure."

I start to turn away, but her hand grabs me in a death-like vice.

"What."

I turn back around to face her, but she gives me with an uncomfortable glare. "You should be asking me for help. Not insulting me, or giving me beauty tips that I personally think you should use. Lenora, unlike you, I still have all of my friends. Why are you backing away from an opportunity to get your old friends back, and make new ones, friends like me?"

I didn't even need to think about the answer to that question. I already knew the answer.

"Maybe it's because I already have."

Backing away from her, I look towards the steadily growing crowd thickening around us. I see Amy looking on in horror, and Sophia and Damien as well. I pull Sophia and Damien out of the crowd, holding them by their biceps, and I tug them towards the center of the circle of people.

"You asked me why I was backing away from an opportunity to get my old friends back, right? Well, you see these people here? Meet-"

"Sophia Guadalupe, and Damien Richards, yes I've had the...pleasure of meeting them," she says, pausing in the middle, as if testing which word tasted right on her tongue.

"How do you know them?"

"Oh, just go one with your little presentation, I'm sure you'll figure it out as we go along," she hints, looking behind me, her lips twitching into a faint curl.

I look behind me, but there was no one I could believe to be related to her.

I turn back around to face her again, and although some of my confidence was chipped away when she mentioned them knowing each other, it wasn't enough to completely knock me out of the ring just quite yet.

As I stood beside them once again I noticed Damien looking uncomfortable, but I continued to forge on.

"I've known Sophia for about three years. She was at first my manager, but eventually we became friends, and then we became best friends. She was extremely popular at this school, and I'm sure she still is now. She is one of the brightest, funniest people I know, but even after this haircut," I pointed to my head, "she has still managed to maintain our friendship."

I then gesture to Damien. "This boy is one of the few people who I used to know before my stardom phase," I say. "He's helped me through so many things, not just by checking my pitch before we played, but in every other area possible, except for academics," I say, tossing him a sly glance that was returned with an unassured look. I continue on however, "He was also one of the first people at my old school to actually extend a hand out towards me when I was new; he was the first one to introduce me to some of my most treasured friends."

At this point, Damien started to fidget around, while Sophia just had a completely blank expression on her face giving me forced smile every now and then. I, being my unaware self though, didn't recognize any of the signs that indicated what came next.

Now with a full blown smirk, Queen Bitch continued to gaze haughtily at me. I stride over to Amy and pulled Amy up next to Sophia. "This girl helped me find my dignity when I thought I had none of it left. She's the one who gave me my real old friends back."

When I turn to her to hug her, all the color has been drained out of her face, and she looks pale.

"Amy are you alright?"

She starts, "Ummmm, Lenora, I'm-"

"-her sister."

What. The. Crap.

I look to Amy for affirmation, but her head is hanging down, and she's looking toward the floor, not bothering to meet my gaze. Slowly, my head turns toward the direction of Queen Bitch. The girl who claimed to be Amy's sister. Amy Guenther. Amethyst Guenther.

I feel sick.

"What else?" I whisper hoarsely towards her, with a venomous glare directed towards her. "What else am I not aware of?" I ask her. She just gives Damien her own pointed look, guiding my gaze towards him.

"Damien? Damien, w-what..."

And with that I collapse into Sophia's arms, listening to Damien's faint shouts, a distinctive, high-pitched scream, and Sophia's soothing words in my ear, lulling me to sleep.  

Picture: "The greatest things you learn from trials are: What matters, Who matters, and Why it matters."

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW!