Prolouge

smoke and flames, fire and ash. that was all i could remember of my family. no happy memories, just utter destruction. it was the Nimrodel that saved me, laying on her banks provided a great veiw of the fire, which was consuming what must have been my village. how i got there illudes my memory, i just know that being there saved my life. only a few things of that day were clear in my head, one image replays in my dreams almost every night. out of the smoke came this dazzling white light, this light took the shape of an elleth. she came towards me, barefoot in a white dress. she wore a silver circlet with golden mallorn leaves, blonde hair trailed down her back reaching her knees. she whispered that everything was going to be fine, that she would take care of me, that i was special. she wrapped me in the folds of her dress and stepped into the river, it was low enough for her to be able to walk safely upstream.

    she carried me for two days until we reached the centre of lorien. i remember elves running around in panic, troops being sent out in every direction. a tall ellon called out to the elleth holding me.
    " galadriel! is she safe?"
    "yes, celeborn. she shall be fine."

    another elleth came over to galadriel. she was beautiful, she look extremely like the elleth holding me. her smile lit up her face as galadriel turned to her.
    " celebrian, bring her to my tallan, prepare her a bed. i will find her a wet nurse."

    " yes mother." she smiled as she held out her arms.

    they became my family, and from that day i was know as aria.
**********************************************************************************************************

    as the years changed like all things so did i. the machwarden haldir taught me in the art of sword, his brother rumil taught me to wield the bow, and orophin taught me to track. i begged galadriel to let me join the border watch every year on the anniversary of the fire which we celebrated as my birth. to my disappointment each year she said no.

    in my 405th year tragedy stuck my family again. celebrain was travelling to visit us when she was attacked by orcs. the very next year she departed over seas. mother and father were very sad, i thought that they would have faded from their grief, but they were strong, they endured.

    the next year on my name day, the fourth day of the first summer moon, mother decided to let me join the border watch, this was a dream come true. finally i would be able to take my vengeance of the filth that stole my sister from me.

**********************************************************************************************************

    i served on the borders for the next 50 years until mother received a raven. lord elrond of rivendell wished for me to come visit him. he was my sisters husband, i had never gotten the chance to meet him. excitement overtook me, it would be my first time out of lorien!

    that night i sat with haldir. he told me all about rivendell and how different the elves were. i could hardly believe him when he told me that the elves live on the ground. he also told me about the twins, elladan and elrohir. haldir warned me of their mischief, he said it was extremely important to not get caught up in their pranks. however that was exactly what i did.

    my first night there the twins persuaded me into helping them prank lord glorfindel. i have no idea how i agreed but i did. breaking into glorfindels window was easy, i was the only one small enough to do so, for an elf my age i was incredibly tiny and thin. i snuck past his large four-post oak bed carefully, i didn't want to wake him up. i shuffled to the door and unbolted the lock, glorfindel always kept the door bolted. i stuck my head out the hallway looking left and right.

    " ro,dan!" my voice came out in a whisper calling out my nicknames for the twins into the silence that lay before me.

    "aria?" one voice responded.

    "yes! hurry up!" i whispered impatiently.
    the twins came out from the room across the hall, it was their sitting room that lay in-between their chambers.
we snuck back into glorfindels room and then over to his dresser. next we stole all of his clothes and stashed them under elrohirs bead. the next morning we woke to a furious scream as glorfindel went looking for clothes. we rushed out into the hallway to see him marching down the hallway with his bead-sheet wrapped around his waist.

    i stayed in rivendell for ten years before i was sent back to lorien leaving with the promise that the twins would visit me again soon.

**********************************************************************************************************

    in the year 2770 i made my closest friend. earlier in the year the dragon smaug had attacked and taken erebor, the dwarf stronghold. the very next month an escort of elves came from mirkwood. they carried a letter from the elven king asking if the lady of light would be willing to watch over his son legolas, as tensions were high in the kingdom and they risked attack from the dragon. legolas was close to my age, we were only one hundred years apart. we bonded quickly and became best friends. often he would join me on patrols, he was the one person that i could tell anything, he was real with me. mother and father tried to shelter me from the world because the didn't want to lose me. the guards always told me what i wanted to hear, probably because they were scarred of mother. legolas always told me the truth.

    however our days of being together all the time were cut short a year later. the dragon smaug had not come back out of the mountain, it was safe for legolas to go back home. i pleaded with mother to let me go to mirkwood with him but she wouldn't hear it. my heart was so broken that i never even came out of my chamber to see him off. he was my best friend and i was losing him too!

    the next time i saw him was 249 years later and this time i was tracking him. if only i knew what would have come from this order I'm not entirely sure i would have carried through with it.

****************************************************

Authors note: here is the first part of my fanfiction. Please leave comments on what you liked, but please no comments of hate :) thanks