Chapter 8

3rd person pov

The company was ready to depart. Crying farewell, the elves of Lorien with long grey poles thrust the boats into the stream and the rippling waters took them slowly away. The travellers sat still without moving or speaking. On the green bank near the stream the lady Galadriel stood alone and silent. She held their gaze and lifted a single pale hand in parting. From fart away, yet still crystal clear came a voice that drifted on the wind. Aria recognized it as Galadriel singing.

Ai! laurië lantar lassi súrinen,
yéni únótimë ve rámar aldaron!
Yéni ve lintë yuldar avánier
mi oromardi lisse-miruvóreva
Andúnë pella, Vardo tellumar
nu luini yassen tintilar i eleni
ómaryo airetári-lírinen.

Sí man i yulma nin enquantuva?

An sí Tintallë Varda Oiolossëo
ve fanyar máryat Elentári ortanë,
ar ilyë tier undulávë lumbulë;
ar sindanóriello caita mornië
i falmalinnar imbë met, ar hísië
untúpa Calaciryo míri oialë.
Sí vanwa ná, Rómello vanwa, Valimar!

Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar.
Nai elyë hiruva. Namárië!

( Ai! laurië lantar lassi súrinen,
yéni únótimë ve rámar aldaron!
Yéni ve lintë yuldar avánier
mi oromardi lisse-miruvóreva
Andúnë pella, Vardo tellumar
nu luini yassen tintilar i eleni
ómaryo airetári-lírinen.

Sí man i yulma nin enquantuva?

An sí Tintallë Varda Oiolossëo
ve fanyar máryat Elentári ortanë,
ar ilyë tier undulávë lumbulë;
ar sindanóriello caita mornië
i falmalinnar imbë met, ar hísië
untúpa Calaciryo míri oialë.
Sí vanwa ná, Rómello vanwa, Valimar!

Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar.
Nai elyë hiruva. Namárië! )

Suddenly the river swept round a bend and the banks rose on either side, and the light of Lorien was hidden. To that fair land many of the company would never come again. The travellers then turned their faces to their journey; for it would be long until it was over.

The company went on their long way, down the wide hurrying waters, Bourne ever southwards. Bare woods stalked along either bank, and they could not see any glimpse of the lands behind. The breeze died away and the river flowed without a sound. No voice of bird broke the silence. The sun grew misty as the day grew old, until it gleamed like a pale white pearl. The it faded into the west, and dusk came early, followed by a grey and starless night. Far into the dark quiet hours they floated on, guiding their boats under the overhanging shadows of the western woods. Great trees passed like ghosts, thrusting their twisted thirsty roots throughout he mist down into the water. It was dreary and cold. Aria sat and listened to the faint lap and gurgle of the river fretting among tree-roots and driftwood near the shore, until her head nodded and she fell into an uneasy sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aria was roused by legolas. She found that she had slept the night away, and they grey morning was dim among the bare branches.

The fellowship took to the river again. Slowly the sky above grew lighter. Before the travellers lay a wide ravine, with great rocky sides to which clung, upon shelves and in narrow crevices, a few thrown trees. The channel grew narrower and the river swifter. Now they were spreading along with little hope of stopping or turning. Over them was a lane of pale blue sky, around them the dark overshadowed river, and before them black, shutting out the sun, the hills of Emyn Muil, in which no opening could be seen. Aria peered foreword and saw in the distance two great rocks approaching: like great pinnacles or pillars of stone they seemed. Tall and sheer and ominous they stood upon either side of the stream. A narrow gap appeared between them, and the river swept the boats towards it.

" behold the Argonath, the pillars of the kings! Long have I desired to look upon the likenesses of Isildur and Anarion, my sires of old.

The three boats passed through the two statues and headed for the western shore, there they would camp the night and decide where their journey would take them in the morning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note

Heres the new chapter! I hope you liked it. The next chapter is where the fun starts, honestly I can't wait until Sunday, I might even update before then. Anyways thanks for reading.

Please comment and vote, it means the world to me.

Thanks,
Lord_luthein