Chapter 6

It had been many days since the fellowship had arrived in Lorien. These past weeks had been spent visiting, storytelling, and training. Aria had grown very close with the halfling a and had felt legolas' eyes on her since they had met up. It was only a matter of time until he would speak with her.

It was the 17th night since they had arrived when legolas voiced his worries.

" Aria?" He called out as he approached her on the training feild. At the moment Aria was practicing her archery, the arrows where only a parchments width apart in the target.

" yes?" She responded while letting another arrow fly.

" forgive me if I am overstepping my boundaries, but I do not think that it is safe for you to follow us on this journey. We have already lost one companion and I do not want to lose another."

" I can fend for myself. I have for all these long years.do you think me to be incapable?" This arrow missed the others by a hands width. Aria was letting her emotions ruin her judgment.

" I didn't mean it like that, I only meant I don't want to lose another whom I call friend. Is there any way I can convince you to stay back?" Legolas pleaded as he rested his hand on her bow, making Aria look him in the eye and lower her weapon.

" it is in my blood to do this. It would be a failure to myself if I did not, this is my chance to finally mean something. I want to be one of the greats, like Luthien tinuviel, lord Elrond and..." She paused.

" and you. You have seen your share of war, you know what it's like to feel glory and have purpose. I do not. There is no way you can convince me to stay. " Aria smiled sat him.

" you know what this quest asks? We are to follow the ring bearer in the the very fires of mount doom. I do not expect to return from this journey, but if I could I would have it so that you survived. just promise me you will be safe. No showing off or goofing around." Legolas' blue eyes smiled at her.

" but you have just outlawed half of my personality!" Aria exclaimed with a laugh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was decided that the fellowship would leave in two days time. Aria was worried but glad that she had finally gotten into legolas' head and knew why he was acting the way he was.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note

Sorry for the short update

Chapters should be longer and more regular as of now as I only have 1 week of classes left.

Thank you for all the reads and votes, it really means the world to me.

Lord_luthien