Chapter 7

That night the company was summoned to the chamber of Celeborn, and there the lord and the lady greeted them with fair words. At length Celeborn spoke of their departure.

" now is the time," he said, " when those who wish to continue the quest must harden their hearts to leave this land. Those who no longer wish to go forward may remain here, for a while. But wether they are to stay or go, none can be sure of peace. For we are now on the edge of doom. Here those who wish may await the oncoming of the hour till either the ways of the world lie open, or we summon them to the last need of Lorien. Then they may return to their own lands, or else go to the long home of those that fall in battle."

there was a long silence. " they have all resolved to go forward," said Galadriel looking each member of the fellowship in the eyes.

" as for me," said Boromir, " my way home lies onward and not back."

" that is true," spoke Celeborn, " but has the company chosen to follow you to Minas Tirith?"

" we have not decided our course. Beyond Lothlorien I do not know what Gandalf intended to do. " aragorn announced.

" when you depart this land I suggest the great river. There are some among you that can handle boats, I can provide them for your company. Boats will make your journey less toilsome for a while. Yet they will not give you council: in the end you must leave them and the river, and turn west or east. " Celeborn explained.

" all shall be prepared for you and await you at the haven before noon tomorrow," said Celeborn. " I will send my people to you in the morning to help you make ready for the journey. Now we wish you a fair night and untroubled sleep."

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The fellowship stood in a line as cloaks were fastened around each member with a green, silver veined leaf broach.

" never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes." Celeborn spoke as he fastened Aria's cloak.

Galadriel steps forward to display her gifts to the fellowship.

" my gift for you, legolas, is a bow of the Gladhrim, worthy of the skill of our woodland kin.

" these are the dagers of the noldorin. They have already seen service in war." Galadriel smiled as she handed them over to merry and pippin. " do not fear, young Peregrin Took. You will find your courage.

" and for you Samwise Gamgee: elven rope, made of hithlain."

" thank you my lady." Sam looked sidelong at the blades held by merry and pigpen, then looked up hopefully.  " have you run out of those nice, shiny daggers?" He earns a melodic laugh from the lady of light.

" and what gift would a dwarf ask of the elves?"

" nothing, except to look upon the lady of the Gladhrim one last time, for she is more fair than all the jewels beneath the earth."

" actually, there was one thing.. Ah, that's quite impossible, stupid to ask. "

" what would you ask?" Galadriel asked with a smile.

" I would ask for one golden hair from your fair head." With a smile Galadriel pulled out three hairs and handed them over to the dwarf.

Galadriel then moved to aragorn.

" I have nothing greater to give, than the gift you already bare. Am meleth din. I ant e-quil Arwen undomiel... Pelitha." ( for her love, I fear the grace of Arwen evenstar... Will diminish. )

" aniron I e broniatha ar periatham amar hen. Aniron e ciratha a valanor." ( I would have her leave these shores, and be with her people. I would have her take the ship to valinor.)

" that choice is yet before her. You have your own choices to make, aragorn. To rise above the height of all your fathers since the days of Elendil, or to fall into darkness with all that is left of your kin. "

" namarie. Nadath na I moe cerich. Dan u eveditham, Elessar." ( farewell. There is much you have yet to do. We shall not meet again Elessar."

Galadriel then moves onto her daughter.

" I will miss you mother, more than anything." Aria says with a slight smile.

" and I you. I have one gift for you. It was Celebrians." With a tear in her eye Galadriel handed over a sword. It's sheath was a dark black. Excitedly, Aria grasped the pommel and pulled the sword out. It's blade was copper coloured with black striations. The sword was relatively plain but Aria loved the history behind it.

" thank you mother." Aria hugged Galadriel after placing the sword back in its sheath.

" stay safe, and come back to me." Galadriel smile as she moved onto frodo.

as Aria attached her new sword to her belt a familiar voice called out her name. Haldir came onto the shore to say a last farewell.

" you have decided to go with them then?" Haldir voiced with a downcast face.

" it's my one chance to make a difference. I have to. I will miss you while I'm gone Haldir. Just please, don't worry about me, I'll be back before you know it. " Aria said with a smile.

" I've brought a gift for you, to remember me by while you are gone." Haldir pulled out a silver chain with a sparrow pendant on it. " it reminded me of you, just like the sparrow you are adventurous and need to be free." Haldir said with a smile as he put the chain over Aria's head. Haldir then kissed the top of her forehead.

" next time I see you remind me to tell you something. If you want to know you will have to come back to me. Namarie Aria, until we meet again. "

" namarie." Aria then headed to the boats where the fellowship was waiting for for her.

" until we meet again." She whispered under her breath as she climbed in a boat with legolas and gimli. She was now beginning the biggest and most important thing in her life, she was going to free middle earth.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Authors note

Here is the next chapter. If you check my bio you can see the new updating schedule that hopefully I can follow. I will update twice a week, today is just an extra update because I have left this story for so long.

Thanks for voting and reading my chapters. It means a lot to me.

Honestly I am so happy with this book, I never expected it to get 100 much less 1000 reads. All of this is because of you, my readers.

Chapter question: do you think Boromir deserved to die? If so, did he redeem himself in the end?

Lord_luthien