Chapter 22

Forbidden Memories

When that vertigo sensation finally stopped; and with it also the darkness, Caliope found herself in a familiar environment. A big field, desolated and lonely; no one around the field, and the cabin standing almost identically as the one in her dream. The place was empty, no soul to be found anywhere, but unlike before, she was unable to move. She was inside of someone's body, reliving something; looking to the left, then to the right, a sudden spin and still no one around. Caliope was becoming more conscious of what was happening. The sad song was not around, nor the scarecrow; but everything else was like her dream. She started to move unwillingly, the person whose memories she was reliving was scared and agitated. It looked down and both hands with palms up reached to cover it's face. Manly hands, she could see, and they were filled with dirt and some cuts. The man gasped and then continued to move, still looking from side to side, trying to make sure no one was around. A few steps more and then something happened; the sharp pain that cut his breath, he felt down to his knees and shuddered. A scream came out of his mouth and then he crawled a few meters before trying to get up. He looked around and what Caliope saw was something she would never ever have seen nor dreamed before. Two winged creatures slowly flying down to him, one of them was older than the other, dark Angels.

"I believe you have something of my property..."

"You should pull it and make him watch his own blood before he passes out."

"You make this no fun at all..."

The older winged creature stepped closer to the fallen man who was offering Caliope the sight. Another scream and this time she could see a spear being pulled out of him. With horror and pain, the creature fell down to the floor and she could hear both dark Angels laugh.

"I think we gave him what he deserves Belial, lets return."

"As you wish my Great General Andras, thank you for allowing me to help you in this hunt."

Both creatures faded away with laughs and mockery. Caliope was crying inside the dying body of the men, feeling it as her own pain. He was close to lose consciousness when another creature walked towards him; he was not scared, he was sad.

"Sweet traitor... sweet traitor..." he shook his head.

"Are you the one who comes to finish me, Kuan?"

"Sweet traitor, you are not going to die... I am here to give you your freedom..."

"My freedom? why would you care if I die or not?"

"I was asked as last wish, to forgive you... so you will be forgiven... you will be able to leave... but your existance will be erased and your achievements will be forgotten... you will have to endure the solitude of the decades before you are set free... you will resign to your name 'Procel Naamah'... do you accept this?"

The pain was becoming stronger, and the man was starting to lose control over his own body. He looked up and spitted some blood to the side, blue blood.

"Yes... I accept my new fate..." he whispered.

"So you are now forgiven, sweet traitor..."

The winged creature lifted his arm and with it, the man floated up. With his other hand he signaled the house and with slight move of his fingers, two big pieces of wood were teared and came towards them; he made a cross and pushed the man against it. The pain started to fade, and the man moved slowly until he finally rested there, in his pose, head low and arms pulled tight to both ends of the new made cross; some chains locked around his wrists, chains that were very familiar to Caliope. A long and last sigh from the dark Angel who was punishing him.