Chapter 41

"Awakening"

"My love... please... wake up..."

She could hear him whisper in her ear, and slowly started to recover some consciousness. Her body felt light, she could hear whispers near her and even though her eyes were not open yet, she could sense there were more people closer to her.

"Can you hear me?"

She could, and even though she wanted to reply, suddenly she felt cautious to do so. She rubbed her eyes, and realized she didn't really need to, there was nothing bothering her sight, she just hadn't open her eyes yet.

'My love... please... say something...' Amra's plead was desperate, and she started to open her eyes. She found him right next to her, and the room was just as she left it before. She needed to ease Amra, but she wasn't sure yet what to say to the others. 'I am here... I need... time... this is... confusing...'

"Do you want me to try and see if I can do something?" Elaine's words brought her attention to everyone else in the room.

"No, she is here... she is just slowly waking up... give her some time..."

She blinked a few more times and finally caught Elaine behind him, Pronab was not too far either. The room was still in the dark, but she could see everyone inside. Maxwell, Basil, Wiltshire, the Mengs. Some others she had not met yet. One new familiar face amongst them. Amra helped her sit; at some point she felt down to the floor and that is where she woke up. The candles near them seemed useless for her now, as strange as it was, she could see more than before.

Elaine smiled at her "Take your time darling... let me know if you want some water, or anything at all..." Caliope smiled at her and nodded, but her attention was drawn to someone behind her.

"I know you..." Her voice faint but clear. Amra turned to see who she was talking to, and so did the others. One of the generals she had not met yet was looking back at her. He gave a step closer.

"You... you were inside his memories... are you...?" She frowned.

"He is Metatron, one of the Generals of the far lands..." Elaine replied as she moved to the side.

"How could you know me?" He replied, his voice firm and emotionless.

Meng Tian broke the uncomfortable silence "Perhaps she saw you in her awakening dreams..."

She heard Tian speak, and in her head she asked herself the same question. Where those just dreams? She remembered her encounter, and suddenly she gasped as she recovered the last pieces. She met him in the field. In the field inside God's memories. She looked back at him and nodded.

"You were the one next to Lucifer, in the field of ancient battles..."

He was surprised, and everyone else in the room was as well. Amra held her tighter and felt her unease, she turned once more to look at him but he had his eyes set on the general.

"Those are beyond ancient times, princess... and he is no longer with us..." Metatron's voice transmitted exactly what everyone else was feeling; confusion.

"Did you dream about him Caly?" Pronab encouraged her to talk, he sat next to her on the floor, protective just as Amra.

"No, it was more than just dreams... but... I need to rest, my head hurts... please?" It was just an excuse, she needed to put some order to her thoughts. She wasn't sure who to trust, she just woke up and felt the need to be careful around everyone.

Amra ordered "Give us some room please..." They went quiet and kept a distance, ever watching. Elaine smiled kindly and kneeled next to her, she cautiously moved a hand closer and showed her she wanted to help her ease the pain. Caliope took a deep breath and nodded. As soon as Elaine's hand touched her forehead, she closed her eyes and saw the void of darkness that now she recognized well; she got transported back to Elaine's building, and saw Metatron sitting in the living room tired and sad. She was inside Elaine, watching him try to speak.