The Awakening of the Vampire Princess Ch.27

Copyright: All rights reserved to MaskedAuthor(N. Deviine)

Recap:

          “Levine was banished, but her spirit is now free,” Catherine answered grimly. Her eyes flashed that eerie colour again.

          “Do you know who Levine is?” Rebecca asked; she was shaking. Who wouldn’t be? Levine promised to kill all witches once she was free.

          Catherine nodded and whispered her name, “Leah.”     

__________________________________________________________________

Darcy's P.O.V

          My mom jumped from her seat and shook her head vigorously.

          “You’re lying!” she accused Catherine. Catherine nonchalantly shrugged.

           “I say it how it is. If you can’t bear the truth live in denial.”

            “She gave birth to me! She’s my mother!” my mom exclaimed and Rebecca rushed to hug her.

            “It’s okay mom. Relax, it’s okay,” Rebecca soothed. 

            “It can’t be Leah!”

           Deep down, Becky and I knew it was Leah. No wonder I was feeling some deep pull.

           “So how are we going to locate Amber?” Justin asked.

          “I’ll obviously smell her out genius,” Catherine rolled her eyes.

         “Then what?”

          “Well if her awakening is really in the wrong hands and it’s nearly finished then…call the Guardians and the Hunters I guess,” Catherine shrugged.

          “You can’t be serious. They’ll butcher her,” I protested.

          “Look Dairy, once she’s gone all psycho ass on you, you’ll be willing to butcher her.”

          I glared at Catherine.

          “My name is Darcy.”

         “Same thing, it starts with a ‘d’.” Before I could say something I would regret, David pulled me back.

         “Relax, she has a habit of doing that.” Catherine sneered at him.

         “I’m surprised mutts aren’t crawling all over the place by now.”

        “We’re holding them back for now,” Rebecca said. Catherine smiled drily.

        “Let’s hope you find her, otherwise once they get here,” Catherine shook her head, “she’s fair game.”

        “I don’t get why you hate werewolves so much,” Kyle muttered and Catherine gutted him.

        “Have you ever slept with one? And I thought leeches were bad,” Catherine mock shuddered, earning a warning look from Justin. There was something between them, I could tell.

        “When are we sniffing her out?”
       “When night falls. If my assumptions are correct, she’s been consuming human blood,” Catherine said. Everyone in the room froze.

       “What?” my mom asked, her voice low yet deadly.

       “Looks like either way her doom is sealed. If the Hunters and Guardians don’t get to her, the leeches will. After all, isn’t it against your law?” Catherine asked, a smirk playing on her lips.