Chapter 16-Maybe It Did Happen

Azmina's P.O.V
Today was so exciting! Amir is just adorable. It was amazing. I fall on my bed just thinking about it. I just prayed isha and was about to go to sleep but I heard a knock on my window. "Thats werid" I thought but I put on a hijab and decided to see who it was.

It was Amir. What the cookie is he doing outside my window at 10? I open it up. "My parents are asleep. You are not supposed to be here." I whisper to him. "Just let me in. I just want to tell you something." he tells me.

"Fine, but less than 5 minutes." I tell him when he climbs in the window. "I just wanted to say you looked beautiful today and everyday no matter what happens" He tells me and I blush.

I realize we are alone and he needs to leave because anything can happen.

"Thats all I needed to say bye" he says before jumping out my window. Finally, I can sleep. I lay in bed and think about my life. A few months ago I would have never thought of getting married but it happening. I didn't think this would be how it would have ended.

Then another knock on my window, guessing it was Amir, I opened it but it wasn't Amir. It was Zaid. "How's it going Azmina?" His speech was slurred and he had a bottle of beer in his hand. "It's good but why are you here in the first place?" I asked him.

"Well just wanted to say hi to a friend of mine. I can't say hello anymore?" he asks. "No, sorry but you can't. I am getting married in a month and it wouldn't look good if we hung out" I tried to tell him in the nicest way possible.

"Amir isn't what he looks like. He just loves money. Nothing else, not even his parents. He probably doesn't love you either." Zaid says, before taking a swing of beer from his beer bottle.

It hurt me when he said that. Is it true? Does he not love me? It can't be true, he tells you are beautiful everyday and is super sweet. If Zaid wasn't here I would start crying.

Zaid started to walk closer to me. By the time he stopped, there was only a few inches between us.

"I can love you better then he can ever could." When he said that, he stroked my cheek. It felt good for some reason. I bit my lip to resist myself. I back away but end up falling on my bed. He fell on top of me and pinned me down so I couldn't get up.

"You look so beautiful right now and it looks so hot when you bit your lip." Zaid said. This isn't the Zaid I know. The beer probably did this to him. Tears were coming down my face because I realize he left Islam. He started to bring his face closer to mines. I wanted it to happen but I can't since I was engaged.

"Sorry, just forgot-" Amir says as he came through the window. He saw what we were doing. "Why are you trying to have sex with her?! She is my woman, not yours!" Amir was yelling so loud that the whole house probably could fall.

My door opened. "What is going on-" my mom looked between Zaid and Amir. Zaid dashed to the window and jumped down and ran like there was a buffet open a block away. Yeah, I talk about food way too much.

Somehow Amir was hugging me but he let go and was about to run too. "Amir stop right there!" my mom tells him. Amir stops and turns around. "Yes, Mrs. Siddiqui?"

"I am telling your parents about this, Amir. I know you guys are excited to get married but we have to make it halal. That's all Amir, you can leave and never think you are welcomed to come through Azmina's window ever again. That is until we have the nikkah." Then gives us a wink.

Amir walks downstairs and outside to his car. Then me and my mom walk upstairs. I go to my room and she follows me. "Who was the guy who ran for his life?" My mom asked, leaning against the dooraway.

"Just a friend" I tell her. "You really think I will believe that?" she says, look at my like she knew I was lying. "He is just a friend, believe me." I tell trying to make her understand. "Fine, tell me when you are ready." she says and walks away.

I was laying in bed then whole night thinking what could have happen if Amir didn't come. Everything that I thought of made me smile. Before I knew it, it was fajr and I only slept for 2 hours.

The rest of the day I was so close to sleep in every class. Zaid wasn't in school and Nadia didn't bring up the subject but seemed like she was hinting that she knew.

"You can tell me anything. I will always be here for you. Even if it deals with my family." she told me in History.

Yup, now for sure I know she knows about it. The day was pretty boring compared to last night. I liked yesterday night better today but there was one thing bothering me. Why am I thinking about Zaid so much?

I mean maybe because of last night but why did I want it to happen? I don't love him so this doesn't make any sense to me. All I know that Zaid it straying from islam and I need to get him on the right track.

(A/n - Thank you so much for 700 views! It always goes up every chapter but I still want to thank you for everything because you guys make it happen.)