Chapter 33 - Love obeys, then Betrays

Earlier that day....

Amir's P.O.V
I decided to take Azmina's advice and talk to Zehra (Amir's wife).

"Zehra, Can I talk to you?" I say when I walk past her room. She gives me an uninterested look. "This is really important, so please listen." I say as I sit next to her on her bed.

She moves to the other side. "Fine, go on." She says, looking at her nails. "I was wondering you have hated me since we've been married. Why? Please tell me the real reason."

"I only care about fame, duh." Zehra responds. "Really, are you sure that's the reason? You can tell me anything, I am ready to hear whatever you say."

Zehra looks at the floor and opens her mouth but then closes it. "Come on Zehra, tell me." I say sincerely.

She sighs before starting to talk. "You seemed to be always cheating on me. You wouldn't come back until late at night and you seemed uninterested when I waited for you to come home. I thought you didn't wanted to get married. I never had the courage to tell you, I made up that lie about me marrying you for your money so I wouldn't have to hear that you really did. "

She paused. She took a deep breath and started again. "I was starting to fall in love with you" she wipes a tear from her eye. "but I could never tell you because I thought you never loved me. Then you started to hate me and it broke my heart."

I pull her in for a hug. "I've been a terrible husband, please forgive me. I thought you didn't love me, I thought you only wanted my money. Guess that's why Allah says never to judge. You never know the real intentions or if it's a lie. I always said I was at work and when you would call late night, remember I would pick up. Why would you think I cheated on you?"

We stop hugging but I hold her hand instead. "On our wedding night when you fell asleep, I got up to get a drink of water. When I came back I heard you talking, you said you loved a girl named Azmina and you would wait for her." She wipes another tear.

"Ya Allah, I've given you so much pain. May Allah forgive me for giving you such horrible pain."

"It's ok, you didn't mean it. You were amazing before I told that lie. It was my fault but it all doesn't matter because I now have you." She says and kisses me on the cheek and cuddles up with me.

I am almost asleep but Zehra whispers in my ear "Thank you so much for talking about this. I love you."

This girl seems perfect, maybe I've been praying for the wrong girl all this time. Maybe I was supposed to be with Zehra. I look at her and think something I would had never thought of before.

I want to fall in love with her and live my whole life with her. I think I already started the first part.

Azmina's P.O.V

The Next Day.....
I wake up to find Zaid with a tray filled with food. There was pancakes, orange juice, muffins, and a whole bunch of other delicious things.

"I thought I should make you some breakfast." He says and places the tray on my lap.

I can't believe I thought I was married to Amir. Zaid seems ten times better than him. Zaid is the most perfect husband.

"Come and eat with me." I say to Zaid, patting a spot next to me. He climbs into bed and sits next to me.

"Jazakallah Khair, you really didn't have to do this." I say.

I pick up the orange and start to take sips, since I was thirsty and just woke up. It tasted really good, not like the kind you get from the store. "I made that, I squeezed the juice out of the oranges." Zaid says. "It's the best I've tasted. Of course your the best husband." I say and give him a kiss on the cheek.

He looks at his lap, as if he is gulity.
" I have something to tell you. I'm not the best, actually I am the worst. I did something horrible and regret every moment of it.I never told you because I was scared you would leave me and I couldn't let that happen again but I just want you to forgive me." I drop my glass of orange juice on the bed when I heard what he said next.