By Chances

Issues, by definition in Baekhyun's self-conceited world, were personal and relevant to one person's situation, not the world, hence why he labeled many of the things he overheard or complained about to as "personal problems" to which he would add, "It's not my problem".

Ever since becoming aware of Baekhyun's past relationship with Kyungsoo, Chanyeol became slightly different and Baekhyun noticed the change. It never happened when they were in private, discussing weightless topics, but instead, when Kyungsoo would drop by or pass in the hallway to quickly discuss a project or Baekhyun's falling attempts to pass his classes. In one instance, he was sure the giant was silently comparing himself to Kyungsoo's physical appearance when the president had stopped both of them after lunch to quickly remind Chanyeol about the basketball team's banquet that night.

When Kyungsoo had left them, Baekhyun sighed and nudged Chanyeol from his trance with an elbow. "Stop that," he muttered.

"I wasn't doing anything," Chanyeol hummed, shrugging as he looked down and gave the scoffing brunet a lopsided grin. "I was just wondering..."

"About what?" Baekhyun asked, moving his attention from Kyungsoo's disappearing figure and to Chanyeol's gaze. "There's nothing to wonder about."

"Well, I mean—"

"Stop it."

"I can't! I've been wondering about this for days," Chanyeol groaned.

Clicking his tongue, Baekhyun shook his head as he walked ahead, putting distance between them. "It's not worth thinking about, Chanyeol. You and he have nothing in common."

Taking a few large strides, Chanyeol caught up. "I know, but it's just that, like, are you attracted to that type of guy?"

"I don't have a type."

"Well, I know that," the giant said, trying to cover up his mistake in words. "Actually, I didn't know that until now, but I guess that's good."

Baekhyun sighed. "Why are we 'semi-friends'?"

"Easy," Chanyeol laughed. With a big grin on his face, he gave the brunet a mild shoulder bump before they parted ways at the end of the hallway. "You won't give me the chance to be your boyfriend. That's all."

-

-

Luhan had a love for science, but his brain couldn't wrap itself around many of the concepts unless there were visuals to help aid the lesson. Titration was one of the things that Baekhyun found easy teach, but ended up putting in more effort into their tutoring sessions just by drawing out the process, adding color and all.

There was a certain type of people Baekhyun was more lenient and comfortable with, and Luhan was one of them.

-

-

Unknown to his knowledge, Baekhyun was beginning to become more and more involved with school activities through Kyungsoo more than he would have liked to be in the first place. Posters were constantly needed to be put up or taken down. When announcements needed to be done and the announcer was absent, it had become Baekhyun's job to read the events and notifications of upcoming activities through the intercom with his monotone voice. In exchange for this duty, Kyungsoo allowed him a free period, making a deal to change his attendance record in the computer system if Baekhyun did him a favor or two.

Scurrying about to do errands for the administration was a hypocrisy to everything Baekhyun believed in when it came to helping school dictate everyone and everything, but it had its benefits. Afterschool afternoons were still spent up on the rooftop whenever the nerve hit him to enjoy the weather. It wasn't long after that Chanyeol began to follow him up to his second haven, bringing homework with him, and quietly struggling with his work while Baekhyun sat at a fair distance trying to figure the giant out.