Jock!Yeol & Punk!Baek #1

( This was the original short drabble that sparked LNAD... It was based off of a quick-write request from tumblr that I got from an anon )

-  -  -  -  -  -  - -  -  -  -  - 

Maybe falling in love and dating the social outcast was weird. Maybe.

Chanyeol admits that people may or may not find it weird when the school's basketball jock is dating the boy who listens to nothing but slightly punk rock, wears eyeliner like it's a religion, and glares anyone down that dares look at him the wrong way.

But Chanyeol knew a different side.

-

-

"Are you coming to the basketball game on Friday?" Chanyeol asks, watching Baekhyun—that was his name—- open a can of coke.

"No."

Chanyeol quirks his lips. "Why not?"

"Because it's stupid."

"Am I stupid?" Chanyeol teases.

Baekhyun pauses from his drink and gives Chanyeol an unamused look. "As a matter of fact, you are."

"Then why're you dating me?"

"I like your body."

"You hurt me, darling."

Chanyeol promptly hears the sound of the aluminum can being slightly crushed. "Don't call me that."

Snickering, Chanyeol shakes his head as as smiles and props his elbow on the table. "So what do you have planned Friday that's much more important than me?"

"Things that aren't your business," Baekhyun brushes him off.

Chanyeol doesn't buy it. "Byun Baekhyun, come on."

"I have to work, you giant oaf. I can't make it even if I wanted to in some alternative universe."

"Can't you skip?"

"I need the money. One of my band's is coming out with a new album so I have to save up."

"You're choosing a CD over me?" Chanyeol clicks his tongue.

"Can't say I'm not," Baekhyun shrugs.

"You're cruel, babe," Chanyeol says.

"Don't call me babe, you oversized twat..."

-

-

Anyone else in Chanyeol's shoes wouldn't have understood. People kept telling him Baekhyun didn't care or that Baekhyun wasn't worth it.

But Chanyeol begs to differ.

He REALLY begs to differ when he sees Baekhyun's anti-social self in a black hoodie sitting in the bleachers away from everyone else, skipping work just to watch him play.