Stereotypical

The Saturday afternoon was a quiet reminder of the emptiness in his world. Kyungsoo stared at the acceptance letter in his hand before setting it down. The words in the letter did nothing, but continue to drag on his feeling of depression. The school of law had welcomed him with open arms as an international student in their program, but the news added more chains to his ankles than wings to his back.

Hoping from one problem to another, that's all he has ever done. There was no denying it, but there was no stopping it either. He was a train in full speed with no gears to stop.

Being a lawyer had its perks. His father had a high income, but it seemed like a bleak and blank occupation for someone without the passion for the practice. But following in his father's footsteps was what he had already decided to do. If he didn't, Kyungsoo had no idea what else he wanted to do. He had been too busy following after someone else's dream for him that he never had time to learn about himself and what he wanted.

But that was life. His life.

The doorbell downstairs pulled his attention from the letter. Rising from his seat, he left his room and took his time descending the steps down to the foyer. Irked at the excessive knocking, he eliminated the possibility that it could've been one of his father's associates or the moving men that the old man once mentioned before.

After opening the door, Kyungsoo's expression transformed from neutral to displeased. There was a temptation within him to close the entrance immediately, but he kept his composure, gripping the side of the door tightly.

In front of him, Jongin stood in full soccer uniform, a duffle bag around a shoulder and a soccer ball underneath his right arm. Kyungsoo almost assumed the boy was clearly lost and out of mind. There was nothing in his schedule that pertained to entertaining Jongin or dealing with him. No official business or personal set ups. Jongin was there on his own, private accord and Kyungsoo had no idea why.

"Is there a reason why you're standing outside my house right now?" Kyungsoo asked, eyes warily examining the male before him. "I don't remember asking for your company."

Jongin remained undeterred by his bitter treatment. "Change into your old uniform and come with me."

Appalled by the demand, Kyungsoo cocked his head, glaring. It was ridiculous to ask him to fit back into his old uniform when that same uniform was nearly two years old, collecting dust somewhere in the attic.

"I'm not interested in playing with you."

"Why? What're you doing right now?" Jongin attempted to peer inside the home, but Kyungsoo self-consciously pulled the door closer to his body, obstructing the view. "Your father's not home. Do you need his permission first?"

"Fuck you," Kyungsoo spat. He moved to close the door but Jongin set his foot inside, hindering the latter from forcibly shutting him out. "You're trespassing on private property."

"Play one game with me," Jongin propositioned. "Get out of this house. It doesn't seem like you're doing anything worth your while anyways."

Scowling, Kyungsoo clenched his jaw. "How the hell did you even find out where I lived?"

"A little lie and a bit of asking around the front office goes pretty far," Jongin responded before pausing. "Are you going to stand there and stare at me all day or will you go back upstairs and change?"

"I see no reason why I should."

"You haven't been coming to the gym." Jongin looked at him. "Isn't it part of your therapy?"

"That's none of your business. Get your foot out of the way before I break it," Kyungsoo threatened with a growl. When the captain refused to move, the president stepped forward, putting a hand on his chest and pushing him back. "Go home."