Dawning

Unlike his usual norm, Baekhyun's eyes didn't flutter against sunlight seeping through windows. With a gentle hand to his shoulder, he woke up to a soft sounding voice attempting to shake him awake in careful back and forth motion. Groaning, he instinctively turned his head against the pillow in the hope that the the bothersome intrusion to his sleep cycle would magically disappear, but to his dismay, the action only jostled a chuckle from the one touching him.

"Baekhyun..." Chanyeol sang softly, sitting on the edge of the bed as he peered over the sleeping male. "I know you'd rather sleep in, but breakfast is done."

His eyelids felt heavy and Baekhyun had no desire to move from his position. Nonetheless, he bit his bottom lip and inhaled. It was hard to move. Part of his fatigue was due to bad sleep, but another part was partially due to the fact that Baekhyun had no desire to face the man easing him awake with his gentle voice and stupid "Breakfast is done" remark.

Feeling a hand touch the back of his neck, Baekhyun's eyes snapped open and he reached back, gripping Chanyeol by the wrist too harshly. Upon realizing his mistake, he let go and pushed himself up, rubbing his eyes and ignoring the surprised expression given to him.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Baekhyun said in a neutral tone. He looked apologetically at his boyfriend. "Sorry. I'm...moody in the morning."

Accepting the explanation, Chanyeol laughed, shrugging. "That's fine. I don't mind." He looked over and laid his eyes on the cell phone set on the bedside table on Baekhyun's side. Drawing back, he took his hands away and smiled. "Can we talk after breakfast?"

"About what?"

Watching as Baekhyun slowly sat up, Chanyeol shrugged. "Some things... Do you like orange juice or do you just want water?"

It was too early in the morning to give a thought for his beverage preference. Baekhyun reached over and turned on his cell phone, leaving Chanyeol's question unanswered for seconds as his eyes watched the device power on. It took a moment to recall the night before and the way he felt with the giant's unconscious mutters. Baekhyun swallowed, looking up at Chanyeol's face and meeting his eyes.

"When do you have work?" he asked, dismissing the question about the drinks. Chanyeol blinked, unsure of how to handle his avoidance. Looking away, Baekhyun slowly pushed away the sheets that covered him. "I don't want to stay too long if you have a schedule."

Touching Baekhyun's hand, Chanyeol gave him a look. "You don't have to seem like you're such in a hurry to leave... I told you, I don't have work until this afternoon. It's only nine-thirty."

"I'm not in a hurry, Chanyeol. I'm just..." Baekhyun sighed, pulling his hand out from under the male's touch. "I just don't want to be in your way any more than I've already been by staying over. You didn't have to go out of your way to cook breakfast."

"I wanted to--besides, it's not uncommon for me to make my own food." Leaning over, Chanyeol placed a quick kiss on the side of Baekhyun's cheek. "Come on."

Nodding, Baekhyun threw his legs over the side of the bed. "Okay..."

Putting a hand on the brunet's back, Chanyeol helped him stand. His touch was light on Baekhyun's shoulder, and the smaller male noticed the way he was hesitant to hold on. With his lips tight, Baekhyun made no comment.

They walked up the stairs with Baekhyun being the first to go. Despite the tense air around them, Chanyeol still grinned at the sight of Baekhyun in his old basketball shorts. Playfully, he flicked the latter's ass only for his hand to be swatted away.

The kitchen was empty. Baekhyun stopped by the doorway, turning his head back to Chanyeol appeared behind him and swung an arm around his waist. Just as the brunet was about to protest, the giant shushed him. "My parents went to work, so it's just you and me here."