Attacked

A/N: Again, sorry this took so long to publish. :/  School, making my Halloween costume, and laziness sort of got in my way, but it's finally finished! I hope you all enjoy!

"Jarvis, talk to me, buddy. What's going on?", Tony yells over the alarm.

"I'm not entirely sure, sir. You'll have to see the footage for yourself, but it appears that we have an intruder."

A view of your bedroom pops up on the holographic display on the table behind Bruce. They both watch as a shadow seems to detach itself from the wall and solidify into a girl about your age. She's tall with short, black hair and is dressed in a skin-tight, black body suit with the Hydra insignia on her chest. Grinning evilly at the camera, she melts once more into the shadows and slides up the wall, into a vent.

"Just what we need, another freak loose in the tower," Tony steps into his suit, "Jarvis, keep tabs on our friend in the air ducts. Send her movements directly to my display."

His faceplate slams down and the display boots up. In the lower, right hand corner is a map of the building and its ventilation system. The intruder is labeled with a red dot. The map has also replaced the holographic video feed that they had been watching before.

"She's moving pretty fast," Bruce observes, "She must still be using the shadows as transportation, seeing as no one could ever crawl that fast."

Tony radios the rest of the team, "Guys we have an intruder. Very pretty, but with some serious voodoo abilities. She can melt into the shadows, so who knows what else she's capable of doing. She also had a big, fat 'property of hydra' stamped on her, so I'll just say that I did tell you all so."

"Yeah, we get the idea, Stark," Steve says as he grabs his shield, "Everyone suit up and assemble at the intruder's location. Except for you, Nat. Take _______ somewhere safe."

"Rodger that."

"Stark, where's our intruder headed."

"She's making a beeline straight towards my lab. Bruce and I are there now, but you guys had better get down here soon."

"I will be there in but a moment, my friend," Thor thunders.

"Heading your way now," Clint says with far less volume.

Tony turns to Bruce, "You'd better do you thing, big guy, or get out the way."

Bruce nods and his face contorts as his skin turns green and he grows to over twice his previous size. Luckily, the ceiling is high enough to accommodate the Hulk's height.

Tony grins. "Welcome to the party."

The Hulk just grunts and peers around, watching for the intruder.

Steve, Clint, and Thor burst through the doors.

"How far away is she, Stark?", Clint asks. He still looks a bit pissed about earlier.

"She's about five seconds from bursting thorough that vent," Tony says, ignoring Clint's angry look as he points towards a vent across the room. Clint nocks an arrow and draws his bow as Steve raises his shield and Thor hefts his hammer. Tony aims his repulsors across the room and the Hulk growls and crouches, getting ready to charge the approaching assailant.

Everything is silent except for the Hulk's breathing. The next second, the vent cover goes flying across the room and shadows like melted rubber begin pouring out onto the floor.

From the mass of darkness rises the girl from the security feed. Her grin chills everyone's blood as the shadows rise up like tentacles around her.