Chapter 9

“I'll leave you to unpack, if you need that. I'll go and start with dinner,” Elizabeth said after introducing me to the amazing guestroom.

“Are you sure you're okay with this? I mean, what does your family say about me staying here?” I asked and felt more guilty than ever. Maybe I should just get back home, because I've certainly made a bigger deal out of this whole text-thing than I should've done.

“Amber, it's okay! How many times do I have to tell you sweetheart? Don't you worry about a thing.”

“Well, you don't have to cook for me, I'll go somewhere to eat,” I began, but once again, I got cut off.

“Oh no you're not young lady! Besides, Harry isn't home, so you can just take his seat at the table. I would have made you dinner anyway, even if he wasn't out tonight.”

His name made me react a bit. I'd totally forgotten about him. Harry. And now I was spending the night in his guest room. I thought this situation couldn't get anymore strange. Guess I was wrong.

I decided it would be nice to wash my face and get cleaned up a bit before dinner. I carefully opened the door, and almost tip-toed through the small hallway. I walked into the kitchen and found, not only Elizabeth, but also two kids. The twins in that picture with Harry.

“Kids, meet Amber. She's going to stay here for a while with us. She's staying in the guest room,” Elizabeth said while she continued to chop the onion in front of her. Stay here for a while? How long was she expecting me to be here? The twins turned around at the same time and looked at me.

“Hello Amber! I'm Simon!” the little boy said and gave me the widest smile I've ever seen. He even gave me his hand so I could shake it.

“Hello Simon! Nice to meet you,” I said and tried my best to make my smile just as wide. His sister was standing behind him, waiting to repeat his movement. I shook her little hand as well.

“Nice to meet you too Sophie,” I said. She was a bit more shy than Simon, her cheeks turned red and she looked down at the floor as she walked away into the living room.

I placed my right hand on the counter and looked at Elizabeth as she putted some spices into the frying pan.

“Can I help you with anything?” I asked her.

“No Amber, it's alright. But thank you for asking.”

“Okay. Uhm.. where's the bathroom? I kind of want to wash my face a bit if that's alright,” I said and looked in the direction which Elizabeth pointed.

“On the second floor, the first door to the left.”

“Thank you, I'll be right back.”

“Take your time sweetheart, I'll let you know when dinner's ready.”

The bathroom was just as beautiful and breathtaking as the rest of the house. The sauna and the enormous bathtub were the ones that caught my attention the most. I turned on the tap and looked at myself in the mirror as I waited for the water to get hot.

Amber. Who are you, really? You're not the girl you used to be. You're not the happy, caring and kind Amber anymore. You can't stop living the life you want to live! You can't change what's happened, but you can try to push it away. That story is already written, but you can at least try to crumple the pages. Don't let HIM win!

My thoughtswent back to the tap and the water. I putted my hair up in a messy bun and washed my face and rubbed it with a refreshing face lotion.

I was on my way back to the guest room when I bumped into a man. He was taller than me, with dark hair and green eyes. This must be Harry's father, because he really looked like him.

“Oh, I'm sorry. You okay?” he asked. I just nodded with a small smile.

“You must be Amber! Nice to meet you darling.” he offered his hand too, and I took it. Wow, they're really kind in this family.

“Yep, that's right. I'm Amber,” I said while I shook his hand.

“I'm Ben. Styles.” I became a bit surprised. Is Styles his last name? I thought Elizabeth was married. Oh, well.

“Nice to meet you too, Ben.”

I sat next to Sophie at dinner, with Simon in front of me and Elizabeth next to him. Ben was sat at the edge of the table. The dinner was delicious, pasta and chicken! I loved anything that had to do with pasta, and this tasted extremely good.

After a lot of small talk about my studies, what I hoped my future would be like and a lot more, I helped Elizabeth with the dishes and went to the living room to watch TV with the rest of the family. I couldn't believe how welcome I felt. How they would just let me in into their lives. It was mind-blowing.

We watched the X-factor together. It was actually something I usually watched, and the twins seemed to love it as well. There're so many talented people out there, just waiting to get noticed. Personally, I do get effected by music. Very much, I may add. But no one makes me feel like Ed Sheeran. He's the biggest star that will ever shine on my sky, and I couldn't bare to be without his music.

After eating some of the candy the twins shared with me, watching the X-factor and almost falling asleep in the sofa, it was time for bed.

“Goodnight Amber. Sleep tight,” Elizabeth said and gave me a hug. And like always, I got overwhelmed. In some strange way, she started to feel like some sort of mother to me. Or, more like the mother I've always wanted.

“We'll take a closer look at who sent you that text tomorrow,” she whispered in my ear, making sure no one was hearing it. She still kept her promise, what we shared stayed between us.

The bed was even more comfortable than it looked. I thought it was impossible, though. I changed into my pajamas and putted my hair up in a messy bun again. I liked to sleep with it that way, feeling the cool air on my neck.

I was just about to drift of into the world of dreams, when I needed to go to the bathroom. I took a deep sigh and slowly removed the duvet away from me. I walked like a zombie down the hallway and was just about to take my first step on the stair to the second floor, when I heard someone trying to open the front door.

And, like always, I freaked out.

I searched around to find somewhere to hide. I ended up behind a curtain to one of the windows that welcomes you from the side when you walk into the house. They were pretty dark, thank god, so hopefully I wasn't that visible. I heard keys in the lock and the door opened. It was very quiet at first. To quiet. I held my breath, didn't dare to let out any air. Then I heard a small thud, followed my a quiet giggle. It was a girl, for sure.

“Are you okay?” the voice asked.

“Yepp, i'm fine. Just tripped over a pair of shoes.” another voice answered. I didn't recognize any of those voices, but I figured out that it was one boy and one girl. I couldn't help myself, but I moved the curtain a bit, so I could see what was going on. It was pretty dark in the room, but I could see their faces.

It was them. Harry and that girl that stepped out of the Range Rover on the school parking lot. I was so jealous of her hair that I could recognize her anywhere. She was helping Harry up on his feet again and he placed a kiss on her cheek as a thank you.

“Please, follow me upstairs,” he said in a low voice.

“Harry! I can't do that, your family's home.”

“So? We'll be quiet. We both now we're good at that.” he said.

I couldn't see them anymore, but I could hear the sound of their kisses.

“Fine, but make it quick. I want to get home soon.” the girl said and I could hear their footsteps moving up the stair to the second floor.

I waited until I couldn't hear them anymore. I slowly removed the curtain and felt more stupid than ever. Hiding behind a curtain? That's so childish, and things they only do in movies. I didn't dare to go up the stairs to the bathroom anymore. I walked back into my room and felt grateful that I wasn't sleeping in the room next to Harry's tonight.

Please Vote and Comment ;)