Chapter 13

“Hi Amber! I hope it's okay that we have our meeting today instead of yesterday. I had a lot of things that had to be done so I had to cancel your time,” Elizabeth said as soon as she entered the room.

“It's fine! I sat in the library instead and read some math. It was absolutely no problems what so ever,” I said and followed her with my gaze as she sat down behind her desk.

“Well, I'm glad everything worked out fine!” I twisted bit as I sat there in the red armchair. Should I tell her about Harry or not? What if she wants me to, because it was a plan of hers to make him talk to me and she wants it confirmed that he actually came to me. Maybe it wasn't and she will be honestly surprised? But, why would Elizabeth do that to me, she would never send someone to talk to me because I was such a hopeless girl without any friends. Right?

“Harry actually helped me with my math,” I said and waited to see her reaction. I hoped I could tell if it was fake or not. But she actually kept cool, as if it was the most normal thing ever. In that moment I realized that I couldn't understand her signals, nor body language.

“Okay..,” she said, as if she wanted me to continue my story.

“Well, I just thought I'd let you know that. And, tell him that I really appreciated it,” I said and quickly started to talk about another subject.

When Elizabeth and I had finished our meeting one hour later I felt better, as usual. I had a horrible dream last night about the man that raped me, how he broke into my flat and did the same to me again. I know it was all a dream, but still, it felt good to talk to someone about it. As I left the building and was on my way back to my car, my phone started to buzz. It was my father.

“Hello?”

“Hi honey, where are you?” I heard my dad's happy voice ask me. He sounded really happy actually. I was just about to answer him when I bumped into someone on my way out of the door.

“I'm sorry,” a familiar voice said as he grabbed me so I wouldn't fall into the ground.

It was Harry.

I was surprised to see him, he was probably here to visit his mother.

“Amber? Are you there?” My dad continued in the phone.

“Dad, I'm at the grocery store and I'm about to pay, I'll call you later,” I said and hung up. Lie, I know, but I couldn't tell him where I was. And I was still in front of Harry (who made a confused look when I told my dad that I was buying food), so I had to say something. After all, he just saved me from a public humiliation, if I had tripped and fallen on my bum on the ground with all these people around me, I would literally cry of embarrassment.

“Are you okay?” Harry asked.

“Yes, thanks. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and I didn't see you. I'm sorry.”

“It's okay Amber, no harm done,” he said and gave me one of those incredible smiles. Man, I want to touch those dimples.

Amber get real, you can't think like that of someones boyfriend.

“Good. Well, thanks for your help with my math the other day,” I said.

“No problem, I'm glad I could help.” Those dimples are seriously killing me!

Behave!

“Well, It was nice meeting you again, Harry. I'll see you around,” I said. I don't think I've talked this much to a guy in my entire life. Well, at least not a cute guy. I wasn't shy around him anymore. I'm the one that has given the word “shy” a face. I don't think anyone is more shy than me, I really don't. I'm sort of afraid of meeting new people, but when I talked to Harry, I became a whole other person. And I became like that when I talked to the twins and Ben too. Maybe it was because it was Elizabeth's family, or maybe it was because the family were very outgoing and liked to talk to people. I guess that's why it's so easy for me to talk to them as well.

“You too Amber. See you later!” he said and entered the building as I left it.

It was time for math test the next day. I sat nervous in my desk and felt my heart pound (my normal behavior before a test). Thanks to Harry, I knew how to count on most of the problems. He was actually a really smart boy, and was really good at explaining things. As I sat there and drummed my fingers on the edge of the desk, I felt that it was good that he helped me that day at the library. Maybe I could get my first “A” at a math test.

It was such a relief when I saw the questions on the test. My pencil almost danced around by itself as I wrote down my equations without any second thoughts. Harry taught me this. I knew how to answer the questions, thanks to him. I was one of the first to hand in the test to our teacher and leave the room. I gotta admit that he looked a bit surprised, since I was one of those who used to sit for as long as the time allowed us. I walked to my locker and opened it.

“How did it go?” Kelly asked.

“It went well I think. A friend helped me with my math a few days ago, so I understood most of it,” I said back and grabbed my things for the next class.

“Oh, that's good,” Kelly said before giving me a smile and walking down the hallway. I returned her smile and was just about to walk away when I heard a voice behind me.

“Hello, Einstein! How did the test go?” I turned around and saw Harry there. I became surprised by how happy I was to see him, as if I had missed him or something.

“Well, I'm pretty sure you're the Einstein here, you taught me everything,” I said and leaned against my locker. The cutest (and hottest) laugh in the history of hottest laughs escaped his wonderful lips.

“You're easy to teach. Just let me know if you need help anytime soon, it would be my pleasure to help you,” he said in a very polite voice and actually bowed like a true gentleman, just for fun. I laughed and blushed at the same time.

“I'll let you know when I have tests coming up! I could really use your help.” Our conversation was interrupted by a voice calling his name.

“Harry!” he turned around as we saw his girlfriend coming towards us, in a fast pace. Guess she didn't exactly like it when her boyfriend talked to another girl.

“Hi Jennifer!” Harry said with a bit of excitement in his voice and a big smile showed up in his face when he saw her. I sighed, her name was just as beautiful as her hair. Damn. It was in that moment when I realized that they liked each other very much. Surprisingly, it made me a bit sad. Guess it was jealousy or something.

“Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you! I'm ready to go home,” she said and stood next to him placing a sweet kiss to his cheek.

“Well, let's head home then,” Harry said and intertwined their fingers.

“I'll see you around, Amber,” he said and started to walk away with Jennifer. She, on the other hand, looked back over her shoulder at me as they started to walk, and gave me a look that said something in the style of: Talk to my boyfriend again, and I'll will, with pleasure, destroy you.

I had to admit that this was kind of weird, why did Harry talk to me this much? He had almost ignored me when I stayed at his house and when he drove me home that day. I mean, everything happened so fast, the switch he made happened during those few days. The feeling that Elizabeth had told him to do that grew stronger and stronger. I have to admit that I appreciate the thought, but I want Harry to spend time with me because he wants to, not because his mother told him to.

Please Vote and Comment ;)