Chapter 22

I called dad on our way back to Harry's house. He became a little bit more calm, and started to think twice about his plan on visiting London to see how grandma were. The fact that he missed me was another part of the plan.

“You don't have to dad, unless you want to. But I understand that you want to visit her,” I said as I looked out the window of Harry's car. It started to get dark outside, I wondered how long we'd been gone.

“I know, but I miss you Amber. That's another reason why I want to come,” he said.

“Well, you're more than welcome, you now that. Just bring a mattress or something and then you can stay in my flat,” I said.

“Thank you, I'll think about it,” he said.

“Unless you have some boy there, in that case you have to make him leave if I'm going to stay there,” dad added.

“Dad?!” I laughed and blushed, happy that he couldn't see me. But Harry could, so he started to laugh at my red cheeks before stroking one with his hand as he drove.

“You never told me who waited with you at the hospital,” he continued, making me even more nervous.

“Dad, keep calm! It's nothing to be worried about.”

“Is it a boy?” I didn't say anything, still thinking of a suitable answer. According to him, it took to long before I answered, so he took my silence as a yes.

“It is a boy! Who is he?”

“Dad, please not now.” I giggled.

“Is he there?”

“Yes!”

“Put him on the phone.”

“What?! No!”

“Just kidding! We'll have this talk when you're alone,” he laughed. I let out a sigh in relief.

“I love you Amber.”

“I love you too.” I placed the phone back and looked at Harry. He had this weird smirk on his face, like he could burst out in laughter any second.

“What?” I asked. He kept looking at the road.

“Nothing.” he said, still having that smirk. I looked at him with suspicious eyes, but I knew that it was no use in asking him again. He wouldn't tell me anyway.

We pulled up outside his house. An awkward silence took place. I looked down at my fingers, removing some old nail polish with my thumb nail.

“Well, thank you so much for everything,” I said and looked at him.

“No problem.” he gave me that adorable dimple smile again. I couldn't handle it. I could feel how is smile rubbed of on me, and I started to smile myself. I opened the door and climbed out the car and started to walk towards my own. Harry caught up with me and placed his arm around my shoulder as we walked. I heard a door open and looked up to see Elizabeth walking towards us.

“Hi Amber! You okay sweetheart?” she asked and wrapped her arms around me.

“I've been feeling better to be honest, but it's better now than it was a few hours ago.”

“Well, good! If there's any problems what so ever, you now we're here for you, right?”

“I know Elizabeth, thank you so much,” I said. She gave me a small nod before leaving us alone again. After she closed the door I turned to face Harry. I couldn't help myself, but I wrapped my arms around him.

“Thank you once again, Harry.” he returned my hug.

“Of course, Amber. I'll always help you.” I looked up at him, feeling so happy. I stood up on my toes so I could reach his lips, and gently placed mine on them. He returned the kiss and cupped my cheeks with his hands. I don't know how long we shared that kiss but I was so caught up in it all that I almost didn't hear my phone receiving a text.